www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have seen discussions here lately about disappointing discs, or the best from each company, but not one where you got a disc and were surprised at how well it worked.

I have to say for me it is a Champion Viking 172 gr. I only got this disc after getting a 35$ voucher for winning a tourney. He had mostly Innova, I throw mostly Discraft. He didn't have any Innova I was familiar with except heavy Valkyries. I picked up a Viking and asked him how it was to a Valkyrie. He said just a little more stable. I picked it up, hoping it might find a way into my bag, if not it had a cool stamp and might make a great memento of the tourney tyo hang on the wall.

The disc ROCKs! I love it. It is super straight and did not have any tendency to turn over with full power. I was getting as good distance with it as I ever did with a Valk, and just shy of my record distance with a QJLS. The disc was a big surprise and found its way into my bag immediately where I need distance on straight shots. Distance is still improving with it and it may become my go to disc for max distance( currently held by my ESP Crush).

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love tilleys. Hickory hills rocks!
Yes to that.
Try a 08 Worlds zone SO AWESOME!
pro katana, and esp zone have become game changers for me
Nuke. i had traded for it on discaroo, although i was pretty settled on my bag already. it sat in my bag for 2 months. well, i have 2 other discs the same color, accidentally threw it by mistake. i don't know how, because the rim is so much wider. i bombed it. as soon as i saw it passing the basket at 325ft with lots of momentum still on it, i looked down at my bag to see that the disc i intended to throw was still in there. I had long forgotten i even put the nuke in my bag, was scratching my head as to what disc it was as i walked up to it. i was like, damn, thats the Nuke??? been throwing that ever since, bought another yesterday.
I got a pleasant surprise with the Nuke just the other day. The Katana is my preferred long range disc, but the day was windy, and the Katana hates any head wind. I pulled out the Nuke, having had luck with it in head winds before. I rip it just like the Katana and the thing went crazy far. I had never thrown that far on a calm day with my Katana, and with a head wind! The Nuke has earned a place in my bag for a long distance head wind disc.
Just started throwing the Discmania PD.........This disc is $MONEY$. Put something on it and it's dead nuts straight. It's ike a teebird on roids.
I actualy just made the switch back to my kc aviars from the wizards
Champion GATOR...I only got it because it had a killer dye job on it but now I usee it almost as much as my buzzzes
I find it amusing that you think the Aviar is the most under rated disc in the world when it is in the top probably 5 maybe or better of discs sold.
Discraft Stalker. I have a 174 Z, and a 170 Glow Z. Very surprised at how long and STRAIGHT they are. Very little fade back at the very end. Very sweet!!! Using this much more often.
are they like wraiths?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968