www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So if someone was traveling to your home town what course would be your recommended course. in salt lake city utah I would say solitude ski resort. What an epic course worth long technical shots. Hole 18 is 1219 feet. If your in moab (southern utah) you need to play base camp. 4x4 recommended.

Views: 469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the tips on Frankenmuth and Fallasburg.  I have not played either yet.  Here, for the moment, in Black Mountain, North Carolina, there are two courses that would be fun for Intermediate or Rec Women and similarly rated junior and senior players.  The rest of you will need to keep on driving.  Oh, if you have very low self-esteem, there's nothing like a 13 under round! 

I am torn.

I live in Deltona Florida.

The closest is my Home Course "River City Nature Park" in Debary.  It has nine holes.

Then there's my club "Tuscawilla" in Daytona, 18 Hole Course with varied pin placements.  If you do not know of it, you would drive by it and not even know about it.

Apopka aka "Rock Springs".  Newest Course to the area.  Two 18 hole course that was converted from a ball golf course.

Barnett Park.  Two 18 hole Course.  A place where I saw Ken Climo compete this year.

There's Bill Frederick aka "Turkey Lake".  Two 18 hole courses.  Home of the "Orlando Open".  People from all over the US come to compete.

Which would I recommend ? 

Depends what you are interested in.

Florida has a heck of a lot of courses.  Toooooo many for me to mention.

So to answer your question, I would have to first ask you, What is your flavor ????

I would say the must play course for Central Florida is Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake. 36 holes, 18 of which are an amazing pro level course. Beautiful trees and some elevation changes.

Track season is in full swing, so while some of your travel party might be headed over to bet on some horses at Saratoga, you can take a quick 20 minute drive out to hyzer creek.

It's a very technical course, not the longest, but very fun to play. Hole 17 just had a doozy of an upgrade with a new Pro-Tee box along with the origional tee box for AM players. Pro Box is about 700 yards now with a huge dog leg left after first shot, then a curvy trip through a narrow line to the pin.

700 yards? that would be 2100 feet. Is that a par 9?
on a side note, if your looking for a good time while passing through courses, Grand Rapids has a killer bar/restaurant/micro-brewery scene. there's something for every one there, including good disc golf.
In central/NW Iowa, I would say McHose park in Boone.  Be prepared for hiking and some interesting gaps if you play the hard tees.  Course is well maintained with paths and is interesting from the first tee shot.  I haven't had a chance to play with a local there, so finding my way around even with multiple pics of the course map on my digi was an interesting prospect to say the least but still a great course.
I have not played Boone yet, but I heard it's a challenge.  Has the maintenance gotten better recently?  Last I heard, there were poor signage, problems with creek crossings and a missing basket.  Still looking forward to trying it!
I played Hyzer Creek a few years ago, and I thought it was very cool.  The basket in the middle of the creek is on my screen saver.

Well...

If you were to come out to my area on the west side of Atlanta, I would have to take you out to the Flyboy Aviation course.

Rated #1 and worth all the hype. I live about 25 minutes away and play it every chance I get.

If any of you guys can make it you should check this course out!!

These are all within an hour of Iowa City:

West Lake, Davenport IA -- 24 holes, bunch of par 4s and par 5s, great mix of tight technical shots, tunnels, dog legs, long open holes, elevation, very intimidating water hazards -- a full round here is a 3-4 hour total disc golf experience.  Short and long tees on most holes.  The short tees are different challenges and not just easy rec tees.  Bring extra discs, you will miss out on some really fun shots if you are not prepared to take some risks of losing a disc in the lakes!

Camden II, Milan IL -- plays up and down heavily wooded ravines and along ridges, several par 4s and a par 5 -- championship course with interesting and fair lines offering choices through the woods, multiple pin positions, well-maintained

Wildcat Bluff, Urbana IA -- 21 of the most beautifully maintained woods golf holes you will ever see.  Lots of variety and elevation, multiple pin positions, great teepads and signage, camping at course.  Memorial course built and maintained by a group of local volunteers in honor of their friend.  Great place to spend a weekend.  The course got hit by 120mph windstorm a few weeks ago and is back in play now after a gigantic cleanup effort, but some alternate pin positions are still clogged up with downed trees.

If you are ever in San Diego , California.

www.morleyfield.com

And our Club :  www.sandiegoaces.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968