www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So if someone was traveling to your home town what course would be your recommended course. in salt lake city utah I would say solitude ski resort. What an epic course worth long technical shots. Hole 18 is 1219 feet. If your in moab (southern utah) you need to play base camp. 4x4 recommended.

Views: 466

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, it's confusing to navigate and I did not find every hole because it was muddy as hell, which I wasn't expecting since we hadn't had much rain in FD - signage is missing in spots but every creek crossing I got to was there.
Yeah, the weather patterns the past few years have seen lots of bow echo derechoes forming in SW IA and intensifying near the IC/QC area  - these are crazy storms - you see a squall line coming then as it gets close you notice everything beneath the clouds start moving - then you get hit with ridiculous straight line winds that just go and go.  Even up in FD we got hit with 3 derechos within 2 weeks, only around 65-85 mph winds but it took care of a few pain in the ass trees at the local courses lol
In Eau Claire, WI. Tower Ridge-1 and Tower Ridge-2 are the premier courses. It utilizes a cross-country ski trail, heavily wooded with narrow open fairways and significant elevation changes on tower-1. Tower Ridge-2 is connected to Tower-1 at hole number 8 allowing for a full 36 hole course. Tower-2 is mostly flat, but offers the same narrow fairways without the elevation changes. Tower Ridge is a "must play" whenever you come to town. Accuracy trumps distance on this course or you'll be spending most of your time looking for your disc if you "rip" one to either side of the fairway. Keep it low is the motto when you play this course. Very challenging, birdies can be had, but most holes you'll be happy to make par. It takes 3+ hours to play all 36 holes.

i would suggest playing the course dave feldberg put in his top 5 course in the world being on,

www.blueribbonpines.net  27 holes of pure goodness, be top if had elevation, but hole # 4 is to die for only 1 duece iver heard of on video clash blue ribbon by cale. nikko also threw it in to save par from 150 during the 2011 majestic. 

Victory Park in Albion..  If you are close its well worth the stop. and Marshall has dark horse brewery

Ann Arbor Michigan.

Must plays

Public:

Hudson Mills - 2 courses (Monster and Original) both have 24 holes, pre am tee pads and monster has champ baskets on a couple for those who are dareing

Independence Lake - 2 courses (Redhawk and Pinic)  Both are outstanding, picnic is seasonal and a must play when it's in.

LakeShore - Nice mix of tees and green, old ball golf turned into 28 holes of f-u-n with a Pre Throw-Shop on grounds..  makes it worth going to a seedy hood.

Privates:

BRATS, Pingree, and Whites Acres.. must get premission and need tour guides.

So, I got to play Fort Steilacoom out of Lakewood, WA last week. 5 Different courses on 40 acres. A Pro 27 hole, an Alternate 27 hole, a Northwest 18 hole, a Southeast 18 hole, AND a Amateur 18 Hole. INSANE..... I only played the Am course, BUT, I will be back to play all the layouts there. Elevation, awesome pin placements, woods, wide open, has EVERYTHING.
Not my home town....but Shelby, MI -  Flip City.

Don't have a home town course.... But for NorCal:

#1 Black Butte Lake Orland CA

#2 COS Weed, CA

Vegas:
1.) Mtn Crest - Most clean and overall diversity. Slightly hilly.

2.) Sunset - Old school disc park. Longer holes then mtn crest and more wooded. Mainly flatland

agree fallsburg made me want to play after taking a few years of it is a great place to play very challenging and i played foulton county park in atlanta about ten years ago and it made me feel like i was on a country club manacured fairways 3 or for pin locations every hole just thought it was the nices course to play ever

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968