www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been trying to get a better idea of how this disc flies. I'm looking for a tweener disc to go between my Drone and Roc as far as stability. I've read bits here and there, but nothing solid. So can some one who throws this disc give me the lowdown on it. I was also considering the Shockwave, but some flight charts say it's about the same stability as a Roc.

Thanks and Peace!

Views: 440

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love this disc.. but it's basically a re tooled buzz.. I have a hard time getting into discs that will never be made again. This is one of those discs.
WASP!!! The Buzzz was created by tweaking the Wasp. (The buzzz is a wasp without a bead on the rim) If you like the buzzz, you will love the wasp because it is the same shape, and feels almost identical in the hand. now that I have said wasp and buzzz almost a dozen times, get a wasp!
ahh 2008 ace race! when i got one of those it was great but it doesnt quite hold the loine like a buzz will it will fall flat quicker. more overstable than a buzz but my throwing power kep it straight, basically a tweeked buzz to maybe have a stability rating of 1 instead of .5
It's right between a buzzz and a wasp in terms of stability so in a word, tasty. Doesn't quite have the glide of a Buzzz but it's a little faster, my favorite mid by far. It's rumored that Discraft is coming out with Z Nebulas in the Spring.
I figured they (Discraft) gave up on the Nebula... I liked it but since I carry the HIVE (Buzzz, Wasp and Drone) I don't think it'll have a home in my bag.

The Wasp is a must have though...
One of the top pros in my area uses the Nebula for just about every shot that he can. Its got a good overstable feel, and will fade back for you.

The shockwave is overstable, but I hated the way if feels in my hand. It has a very strange edge on the bottom beed. Doesn't compare to the mids that are mentioned here.
Keep at it! I love my 2008 Ace Race-Nebula. Like everyone else here, I'm a buzz freak. The AR_Neb can do some great things! Stay with it. I've won mid range comps with just this disc. Harder you throw, strait. easier you throw (backhand) fade to the left. Great in wind; well, Mine (172).
Sweet, I guess you can count me in as a Buzzz freak too. Well, I hope the rumors are true about Discraft making the Nebula in Z plastic this year. I would sure hate to really dig this disc, only to find out you can never get it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968