www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So what's the verdict? As some one who max's out at around 320ish. Would I be able to throw this disc or is it to much for my arm? For instance, the Katana works for me, but the Gold Line Halo. Looks like it's to much for my arm.
So could you let me know if I would be waisting time and $$$.

Thanks and Peace!

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a 169g one that flies pretty straight or turns to the right (rhbh) for it's flight. It seems to fade pretty decent at the end of the flight. The disc might be okay for you if you get it in a light weight as it will be easier to control.

I haven't been able to throw it as much as I've wanted to nor had the opportunity, but I'm going to throw the crap out of it this weekend....assuming that I'm not that hungover.
Sounds like a Katana or is it more stable?
I have not thrown the Katana yet but I have thrown a Nuke a couple times. I don't know the weight of the one I threw but I do know it was one of the most understable discs I have thrown in a long time. I throw rhfh at about 300 feet max and all it did for me is flip. If there wasn't any snow on the ground I bet it would make a great roller for me. I evev tried to hyzer flip it and it still flipped over and kept going over. My verdict on this disc is it is WAY to flippy for me!
The ESP Nuke is FUN to throw! Super fast and easy to control. I had mine custom dyed!
I threw it alongside the Star Katana and they are both Great. My NUKE was a bit less stable.

Sounds like the nuke is super under stable. I don't think I'll get one then. I throw stable to extremely over stable discs.
It flipped SIDEARM. Sidearm requires more overstable discs to not flip out of control. It's not that flippy backhand. I can control it to 500' backhand without flipping it over, but hyzer-flipping into a long s with a slight drop back. Almost aced #9 at Lakeshore with it again the other day (410' s shot).
I have noticed with Discraft in particular, their first runs tend to be more understable than later runs. Early Forces were more understable than they are now.
I'm going to the park for some side by side testing (Nuke and Katana). So far I'd say that the Nuke is more understable and takes less power to helix, but we'll see if that holds true
that is sexy disc-o!! i dont care for the disc but i like the dye!!
I'm a puny arm but I love both the nuke and Katana. I forehand the nuke about 350 with a hyzer flip, and I put it almost 400 a couple times on hole 9 at Lakeshore with a slight anhyzer. I can't wait until it breaks in a little more (or the snow melts) and I can hyzer flip it backhand
I'm Looking forward to a Z - Nuke !!
love the photoshopped' travolta pic lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968