www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So what's the verdict? As some one who max's out at around 320ish. Would I be able to throw this disc or is it to much for my arm? For instance, the Katana works for me, but the Gold Line Halo. Looks like it's to much for my arm.
So could you let me know if I would be waisting time and $$$.

Thanks and Peace!

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just got back from throwing, it was snowing, slushy and slick. My Nuke is a 170g ESP and the Katana is 172g Star. I thought that the Katana was harder to turn over, but once I turned it over it liked to stay that way. It made for some huge anhyzer shots, but it was touchy and I had a hard time controlling it. From what I've read on other posts, I'm not the only one grip-locking the Katana and launching it for big d in the wrong direction.

The Nuke took noticeably less power to flip and I had a much easier time with my grip and release. I was pretty worried about the super fat rim, but it turned out really comfortable. Unlike the Katana, it's S-curve was nice and tight. I can easily see this becoming my primary driver, as I out shot every disc in my bag by a fair margin with it.
As a thrower that throws RHFH the only thing that I have found my Nuke to be good for is long turn over shots. Which is the same thing I do with my Surge SS. Its alright I don't like to think of it as a waste of money though, It is a great disc to have for a sweet trade when I need it or just a great disc to have in my collection.

I agree with the fact that First Run discs seem to be more flippy than later runs also. My First Run Pulses are super flippy as compared to my later run Pulses which are not very flippy at all to me.

My Nuke is 172g
Please no swearing on my site. Yes 500', by control I mean not flip it wildly, but throw it on target.
Agreed that disc does look pretty sweet.
The first time out throwing the Katana I had no trouble making it do the high speed turn and fade back, but having not thrown in almost 3 weeks, the next day and today I had trouble with it. My arm is not so tired, but my peck up into my shoulder is.

I will say though that even when not getting the nice S turn it still gets good D, but not as much.
what other disc does it compare to ,surge ,teebird,viking ,valk,beast ,wraith ?
I got my hands on one today.. It took me a few throws to get used to it, but man is this a straight disc. Nice little S curve with a good amount of turn at the end. Most likely replacing my Forces.
I admit that I am primarily an Innova Man, the Nuke is special enough to make me a believer. I always carry a Banger GT, the nuke could have a place in my bag, if I could only get my hands on one. My buddies won't even let me throw theirs. Kinda like a secret weapon...
Oh yeah, I live in Orlando, and still play almost every day!
u only throw forehand, well with pulses? i've seen you talk about pulses before, nearly bought one yesterday.
Surge.. all day long.
Surge's are my bread and butter, i was Really stoked to get a nuke and after giving one a good huk I'm sold. only 1 gripe thou.. The nuke flips over hard in a head wind.. other then that it was a instant extra 50+ft to my drives.
First time out of the bag I parked a 420 ft hole with little effort..
I think if you throw it FLAT and with good snap the nuke is comparrable to a faster TEEREX, IMO. It flips a little about like a Wraith will when thrown hard and it also holds a long anny line. I threw it FH a few times and it is a little flippy, but again, just like a TEEREX when thrown FH to me, but of course longer!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968