www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The Olympics are great.

Always cool to watch.

Ryan Lochte went to the high school I taught at, and found out today that a USA Mens volleyball player is from Ormond Beach Florida..... up the road....

Wouldn't it be great to know a disc golfer in the Olympics!

Always talk of it, but never happening.

Maybe before I get old? Like to see it as a sport recognized.

Views: 197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Disc golf should be in the Olympics because frankly there are a bunch of crap sports in there. How did beach volleyball get to the level of Olympic sport? How about synchronized diving?

So far I have been a bit bored watching the Olympics. It would be a lot of fun to see disc golf. Ball golf will be in the summer games in Brazil.

I'm enjoying the Olympics. I love the diving. That takes a lot of training. Those are some real athletes.

I am slightly irked that the coverage of anything important seems to be brought to us by NBC via tape delay. In this era of technology we should be able to watch all of the sports live. I really don't care to see something that has already happened some eight to ten hours before. Seems like I'm not the only one either...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bal-nbc-o...

My cousin is in the Olympics. But she blew out an ankle in the first minute of a basketball game. Disc is the perfect game for the Olympics. With all the events it might even be 0n NBC. heck canoeing made it.

One word: Curling

I went to AtdheNet.TV and it seems to work half decent.

gotta love handball, badminton, archery, table tennis, and other sports on the periphery...but disc golf's aim should be to become part of the X-Games; the Olympics would never work for our game--not enough countries partake in our passion...yet...

Great idea!

It would be great to see some of the X-Games sports in the Olympics like BMX and skateboarding. I can only watch so much swimming and water polo.

In other news they threw some badminton players out of the Olympics for throwing a match in order to try and gain an easier opponent in the next round.

The Chinese didn't throw the match to get an easier opponent.  They threw the match in hopes of getting their one team at the opposite half of the elimination bracket from their other team, so they would have a chance at winning gold and silver. 

KARMA!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968