www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i recently shot my first even par ever, lovingly at clark in hiawatha ( it's my fave ), cannot describe how cool that was... but i found myself looking at my bag and realizing that i still putt often with a hydra... when there's no wind it's a-ok, but i need to find a consistent putter that i can use with confidence no matter what the sitch... i've tried the xd, dart, soft magnet, pig, a 175 beadless champion aviar and am currently using a kc pro aviar, which i like but is pretty understable for me and i'd rather have a reliable hyzer for putting than wonder if it's gonna go straight... my friends are trying to sell me on a jk-pro aviar, and i gotta admit that i'm sold for now, but curious if there's anything else out there that can give me the putter i'm looking for... suggestions???

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Putting is fun !
Help Mr. Wizard....it's about as stable as JK Aviar. Challenger is good too. The Zone is pretty fricken overstable. It's up there with the Pig. I find it to be a better midrange than a putter though.
Congrats on the PAR ROUND!
a Discraft Challenger sounds right up your alley. I switched from JK Pro Aviar-X's to the easily replaceable challenger. tour the challenger line and im sure youll find something you like. soft ones, flx ones, pro-d ones(my fav) or maybe the apx is better for you, but harder to come by. Challengers are money. Just try them for a while. 7$ for a pro-d challenger cant beat it.
I would go with the wizard. If you dont like bead you could throw a warlock. and if both are too overstable you can throw a voodoo.

These are running mostly stiff, domey and stable.
Excellent brakes to stop where it lands.
The least amount of slide for a super over-stable putter.
Great for fighting high winds. Keep it low and a little right or dive bomb it with a spike hyzer.

http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/star-rhyno-p-2414.html?osCsi...
ching juju, I love mine. Flies straight as an arrow or hyser. depending on how you release it
I use a Pro Rhyno. It is a lot like the pig except one less speed. It will give you a nice hyzer if that is what you are looking for. The more beat in it gets the better it is. Hope this helps. I know a lot of other people that feel the same as me about the pro Rhyno. Good luck!!
JK Pro Aviar - X . I have won alot with it. Really , my most reliable putter.
I prefer well seasoned champ rhyno's. I had two 5 yr old ones, lost one :(
Zone is a great hyzer and sidearm disc, putts and midrange shots. I pair mine with Banger GT for more straight shots.

Zone handles wind really well. Top is completely flat and low profile rim. A bit faster then most putters.
I like the zone as well.
soft challengers make it rain

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968