www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i recently shot my first even par ever, lovingly at clark in hiawatha ( it's my fave ), cannot describe how cool that was... but i found myself looking at my bag and realizing that i still putt often with a hydra... when there's no wind it's a-ok, but i need to find a consistent putter that i can use with confidence no matter what the sitch... i've tried the xd, dart, soft magnet, pig, a 175 beadless champion aviar and am currently using a kc pro aviar, which i like but is pretty understable for me and i'd rather have a reliable hyzer for putting than wonder if it's gonna go straight... my friends are trying to sell me on a jk-pro aviar, and i gotta admit that i'm sold for now, but curious if there's anything else out there that can give me the putter i'm looking for... suggestions???

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Putting is fun !
Help Mr. Wizard....it's about as stable as JK Aviar. Challenger is good too. The Zone is pretty fricken overstable. It's up there with the Pig. I find it to be a better midrange than a putter though.
Congrats on the PAR ROUND!
Zone is a great hyzer and sidearm disc, putts and midrange shots. I pair mine with Banger GT for more straight shots.

Zone handles wind really well. Top is completely flat and low profile rim. A bit faster then most putters.
I like the zone as well.
a Discraft Challenger sounds right up your alley. I switched from JK Pro Aviar-X's to the easily replaceable challenger. tour the challenger line and im sure youll find something you like. soft ones, flx ones, pro-d ones(my fav) or maybe the apx is better for you, but harder to come by. Challengers are money. Just try them for a while. 7$ for a pro-d challenger cant beat it.
I would go with the wizard. If you dont like bead you could throw a warlock. and if both are too overstable you can throw a voodoo.

These are running mostly stiff, domey and stable.
Excellent brakes to stop where it lands.
The least amount of slide for a super over-stable putter.
Great for fighting high winds. Keep it low and a little right or dive bomb it with a spike hyzer.

http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/star-rhyno-p-2414.html?osCsi...
I prefer well seasoned champ rhyno's. I had two 5 yr old ones, lost one :(
ching juju, I love mine. Flies straight as an arrow or hyser. depending on how you release it
I use a Pro Rhyno. It is a lot like the pig except one less speed. It will give you a nice hyzer if that is what you are looking for. The more beat in it gets the better it is. Hope this helps. I know a lot of other people that feel the same as me about the pro Rhyno. Good luck!!
JK Pro Aviar - X . I have won alot with it. Really , my most reliable putter.
soft challengers make it rain

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968