www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Today I threw a perfect roller. Only about 190 feet but to do it I had to make it climb a hillside and then turn away from the face and miss a drain grate it can fall into. It roller around the pin and stopped 5 inches fron the pin. I've learnd to control the roller I use but I'm not sure what it's called.
My throw is like swinging a hammer with the top of the disc facing me. I land it hard with the top a little up just ten or fifteen feet in front of me. I tip it top up and a little away from me then drive it hard into the landing I can roll it over 200ft.

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Forehand roller most likely. My dad used to be able to throw 500ft Forehand rollers which helped considering he can only throw 330ft or so. Try landingn it father out and make sure to use an overstable disc.

Also you might want to try a backhand roller as thaty is what gthe majority of players use and it has more disctance potential.
I've found that the landing is relevant to the path needed. And that the disc tends to tip too much and I loose control of the path the farther out it lands. I aced a challange hole Roller with a rock with a very lite toss. It landed six feet in front of me and rolled 150ft down hill and to the right.
castawaydave said:
I've found that the landing is relevant to the path needed. And that the disc tends to tip too much and I loose control of the path the farther out it lands. I aced a challange hole Roller with a rock with a very lite toss. It landed six feet in front of me and rolled 150ft down hill and to the right.

Yeah but to get more D you need to throw it farther before it hits the ground. You have to adjust the angle to do this and you can't try to put it doewn vertical.
what disc did you use'?
My friend can throw a wicked forehand roller like you are talking about Dave. Here is a link if you want to see another perfect forehand roller like you are talking about (it's my friend in the video). I love throwing backhand sky rollers land them about 200'+ before they touch down and then watch em' go. I am amazed how long and accurate my rollers usually are.

http://discgolfer.ning.com/video/1809917:Video:185407
this is the perfect roller learning tool!

Photobucket
I throw a couple different rollers - one like you described, and one where I throw it about 125 ft before landing it on end. Both a thrown forehand.

The biggest issue I've found is the variation of ground cover. It's one thing to throw through nicely mowed grass, and another when you are going through sandy, rocky or areas with lots of roots.
This throw is mostly for short holes, mostly 200 or so ft. and they are in short grass. I use a Valk but I can do it with an Eagle or a Beast even.
castawaydave said:
This throw is mostly for short holes, mostly 200 or so ft. and they are in short grass. I use a Valk but I can do it with an Eagle or a Beast even.

You know what else works for 200ft holes real well?

A putter

you should try something more overstable than the Valk, Eagle, or Beast. Try a Predator or Monster.
the buzz will roll 400 feet in a strait line. i use it to roll short holes with lots o trees mostly. forehand mostly, hitting the ground 20' to 30' from tee.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968