www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Below is a line drawing map and final hole lengths.

All 24 holes have baskets and concrete pads! Best bet is to print a map before you go, the club is still working on signage. Most baskets have one or two spokes painted blue (pointing to next blue tee) or white (pointing to next white tee).

After Hole two you can either move (right to play 18) to Hole 3 or (left to play 24) to Hole A. If you go to A, then you play A-F and rejoin at 3, for 24 holes.

Tags: ann arbor, course design, lakeshore, ypsilanti

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Be there or be square, I was lucky enough to be a part of the first round after droppen some baskets and tweaken a collar with Ben and Cassidy. We played in winds that were gusting up to about 40 mph and we still had a riot. Look forward to seeing everyone out there this course is one of a kind for the area
I wish i could be there. I'm playing at Mayhem on Sunday so my wife says not 4 days strait of being at courses. Hope everyone has fun.
Just played a round of 24 long (72) and 18 short (53) in intense wind! Course is open.
Sweet. Pretty brutal with the wind ben?
just want to make sure -- Ben, you said the course is open so I could show up tomorrow and play the course?
Yes. Parents will probably be there in the morning sometime, I'll be studying.
Hey whats up Ben? I dont personally know you. We may have some mutual freinds.Im a big fan of what you have going on. But does this mean if its not terential downpour i can come out an play couple rnds (prolly solo)? not sure if u an jd r boys and its private. Have been mislead from internet to private course and was gave the cold shoulder (heard cause of my mixed bag possibly) but it came across online as local course. So just dont want to drive out if its private kinda want to play round 11. If it is private no worries. I understand and hope to have my own private course some day too......I need to check the doppler or somthin to beat the rain.
Lakeshore is OPEN. It is private land, but to be an open to the public course.
Will, our understanding is that the course is now open. It still lacks signage, so you are better off going with someone who knows it. Or printing out the course maps in this discussion thread. (In addition to the one at the top of the post, there is a line-drawing version somewhere in here.)

Sheila and I are going to play it around 10:30 this morning and anyone is welcome to join us. If there is any uncertainty about how open it is, being there when we are and telling the security guard that you're part of the designers' testing the course might not be a bad idea.

You go into the entrance to the apartment complex and show ID at the gate. Tell them you are going to the disc golf course. Then you will do a U-turn and an immediate right, down a street that ends in the parking lot by the course.
They let multiple people in yesterday, nqa.
Played again today (55 -18 long) with Grant Anderson. About a dozen others came through. Planning to put more maps/course rules handouts out tomorrow if weather holds, maybe afternoon as supposed to clear up by 3:00.

Course rules of note: *Do NOT climb the fence- consider it a temporarily lost disc until after the round! This is a very important rule. Fence is OB 1 stroke.

*All sandtraps are always OB, some are not yet clearly defined, others are. Give benefit of the doubt on unmarked traps, if clearly in center of old golf sand trap, call it OB.

*Asphalt cart path sections are not OB as of now, 2 meter rule not in effect on the course.

Important notes:

*Follow the blue painted rung on each basket to the next LONG tee (18 hole layout) and the white painted rung to the next SHORT tee.

*18 baskets are in, 6 target poles temporarily on A-F.

*40 tee pads, 16 shared between long and short tee.

*Please be considerate of people who live there, do not throw near them or be rude with them.
Ben does that mean you painted the baskets to mark the direction of the next tee like we had discussed previously.
That would be great one less thing i have to do.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968