www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Below is a line drawing map and final hole lengths.

All 24 holes have baskets and concrete pads! Best bet is to print a map before you go, the club is still working on signage. Most baskets have one or two spokes painted blue (pointing to next blue tee) or white (pointing to next white tee).

After Hole two you can either move (right to play 18) to Hole 3 or (left to play 24) to Hole A. If you go to A, then you play A-F and rejoin at 3, for 24 holes.

Tags: ann arbor, course design, lakeshore, ypsilanti

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Way of topic.. I cannot wait till this sunday.. I think I've told everyone that I know and asked them to show up and play, Seasoned vets and noob's alike. I'm hoping the weather holds out and it's a good day for this.. Yea and Cheers to the calhouns and A3Disc for getting this up and running (before mbd might I add). Woot Woot to the new brown park ;0
we will reimburse you for the grass seed, and the paint you bought but you must have receipts please.
I need a lot more grass seed! Got the baskets #'ed and only about 10 tees seeded for 8$ of seed.

Shot a ridiculous 49 (8-2's, 1-4, 1-5) on the longs, besting my previous 53 after a 13 hole warm-up with Joe Gabris, Jesse and Pat Burke.

Awesome course to play go check it out! Fresh maps in the bag, take one, leave it after, close bag up!

Temp. tee signs being made right now.
Ben are you going to seed the dirt hill we made as well?

Maybe we should buy bulk seed, 10 holes for $7 means you are going to need another $28 minimum to finish the holes plus some for that dirt hill. that is my guess. go ahead and get it. if you bring receipts to 1-disc i should have the checkbook with me.
Man i played this the other day in those high high wins and it was great still. This will be popular course this summer.
Played it today and the course is sweet! great work, Calhoun's and Bill Gilbert. what a score!
Thanks Andrew and Pat Burke
I put grass seed around all tees for the regular 18 holes today. For anyone headed out there this week- please avoid the wear and tear by 'hopping' onto the tee pads over the dirt for now so the grass can grow and prevent future erosion thanks!
I had a slow day and was able to get out to the "Ponds" over my lunch break.......I was very happy and surprised!!!!! Previous walk-through on the land left me doubting how tough this track would play due to the "open" ball golf course feel. The Calhouns have out down themselves with this one.....tons of tough golf lines.....there was major wind out there today and it played tough with every putt outside 12' contested. A much needed addition to the courses in the area......a playground for big arms yet still requiring accuracy and placement. I love it!!!! great work on the design. great work on bill's part finding this gem!!! Kudos to A3 and all who made this happen!!! good work.....I am planning right now on attending the Sunday grand opening event with my kids if I am not too exhausted from LOCO IV!!!
Wow thanks Peter. Shows how when given extra time to tweak a course it all can work out. I am glad to hear from Romine that they are not pouring cement right away on the new Indy course, just so that they can have it played awhile and perfect it first! We ended up with a handful of extra design days and made dozens of last minute tweaks. I may be there tomorrow somewhere between 10am-3pm.
Thanks for the feedback Peter.
Peter even if you are to tired after loco come on out, you don't have to play we want to swamp the course so that the property manager can see as many discgolfers as we can get, play if you feel like it but hang out for disc golfers in general. Remember the impressions we make sunday may make the difference between a course being the end here or the 2nd course being added. Mike needs to see disc golfers, even if you don't like A3 or me please support disc golf by showing up if at all possible we need 100's of bodies to make a good impression.
thanks again Peter
Spread the word please.
What are the hours of operation for the course/guardhouse? I love to get out on weekend mornings to the Metroparks for sunrise rounds 6:30 am or so. Will that be practical/allowed here? I don't want to be the one waking up the neighbors.

Looking forward to bringing the family out on Sunday for the opening.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968