www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Below is a line drawing map and final hole lengths.

All 24 holes have baskets and concrete pads! Best bet is to print a map before you go, the club is still working on signage. Most baskets have one or two spokes painted blue (pointing to next blue tee) or white (pointing to next white tee).

After Hole two you can either move (right to play 18) to Hole 3 or (left to play 24) to Hole A. If you go to A, then you play A-F and rejoin at 3, for 24 holes.

Tags: ann arbor, course design, lakeshore, ypsilanti

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have quite a few days off per week and can help on my days off I want to work on defining the sand traps more I have a roto tiller i was going to use for that if its ok let me know
the problem with roto tilling is what are we going to use to define the edge after we get rid of the grass.

A couple of the projects we could start working on now would be to clean up some of the downed wood areas and find out where we could put it, dumpster or a pile somewhere else. I think ben is good with tree trimming. but some of the piles around the course could be cleaned up to make some of the messes better.

We need to paint the tee sign poles. i have the paint and brushes.

We also need to finish filling in the edges around some of the tees that the concrete guys never finished.

Need to get the bulleting board built as well. need to buy some plywood and get it painted, probably build a plexi glass box to protect things as well.

Is anybody interested in working on the trees? If so I will work out where we can move the wood to, but we are going to need pickups or trailers. to move the stuff.

The filling the edges of the tees would require trucks to move dirt probably dug out from the sandtracks to the appropriate tees. most of the tees are done they just missed some.

painting is the easiest job, I was hoping to work on this next friday myself.
why am i unable to find a map of this course??? I'd like to play tomorrow afternoon but would like to have a map prior to this. can someone point me in the right direction I'm probably overlooking something easy. ill check this in the morning.....thanks in advance :)
if you look through this thread it's hiding in there somewhere
let me know if you don't see this.
Attachments:
what are the chances that we can get a woodchipper for the day and chip the spread some off the wood piles around the course (Tees, pins etc....)
thanks for the map link :) loved the course so far, once they mow the fairways (or just make sure they dont get much higher) and clean up the sand traps it'll be even better. Pond shot was a lot of fun, no lost plastic but two in my group landed in the waters edge. Seeing whats already there, holes to come and the potential for so much more on these grounds its definitely on my list of possible places to move. next time im taking a stool though as there are SO many golfers out there it gets a little backed up especially if your playing from the blue tees. I'll keep an eye out for future work party dates and as long as i've got the day off im in. I've helped put in 3 courses and with years of landscaping experience im not afraid of a little sweat and dirt. again GREAT COURSE
Sorry for my delay in reading...computer issues.

Thanks for the responses Terry. I've played the course quite a few times and really enjoy it. My favorite part....lack of poison ivy! :-)

By the way, I like the sand trap penalties. As you said, the boundary paint is getting difficult to see, but I think they are a great extra hazard (and I get my disc back).

Looking forward to playing this a lot during the day this summer (until my next job starts).

-Brian
DiscGolfersR.us is lending the Ann Arbor Club the money to purchase - NOW - the remaining needed baskets to finish up all 24 holes. The club will pay us back once they have raised the additional funds.

That means the additional holes can be playable with baskets much sooner, we hope even next week, although that depends on some volunteer effort by Bill Gilbert, Garrett Graham, and others.
Lemme know if you need help and when. I have a really busy schedule this month but I can allways find time.
Wow!!! Doing what it takes to get courses in the ground!!! I love living in Florida, but really miss the disc golf community of Michigan. Keep it guys. I will be back in Michigan on July 22. I plan on playing this course in the morning, and heading out to Ypsi dubs!! That was the first thing I thought of when I booked my flight! Who wants to get together that day? Who wants to drive me into Rolling Hills seeing as I am not a county resident anymore. I know this is months away, but I cannot wait to get back for a week!
matt,

would love to get a round in with ya upon your return to Ypsi....as we get closer I'll pm you my cell phone #....you only in town for a day? Chuck Drukis memorial course should be in the ground with my worlds baskets at Indy lake by then and definitely worth checking out.....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968