www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Below is a line drawing map and final hole lengths.

All 24 holes have baskets and concrete pads! Best bet is to print a map before you go, the club is still working on signage. Most baskets have one or two spokes painted blue (pointing to next blue tee) or white (pointing to next white tee).

After Hole two you can either move (right to play 18) to Hole 3 or (left to play 24) to Hole A. If you go to A, then you play A-F and rejoin at 3, for 24 holes.

Tags: ann arbor, course design, lakeshore, ypsilanti

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Terry, it's my intention to explore various rollers on this course starting with ones that can add distance. Right now, only 7 & 10 look to be traditional backhand roller holes from my perspective -- note that I look to the roller for added distance when a hole exceeds 350-370'. Holes 2 & 16 have potential also but will require a different shot. Hole 11 is a maybe -- there is a tree that forces kind of sky roller throw. Playing World's last year, I was amazed at some of the rollers my fellow competitors were throwing, especially on Oshtemo which is a pretty tight course.

On another subject, has consideration been given to using mandos or white stakes? I am seeing Hole 2 throwers throw to 3's fairway (often right over 4's tee) to get a far easier approach to the pin and take the hole 2 bunkers by the old green out of play. I am also seeing Hole 5 throwers throw right over by Hole 6's tee for a better approach to the pin on the back side of the pines.

When this was a ball course, there was out of bounds delineated by white stakes all over the course -- perhaps they kept these stakes.
Not to sound like i am trying to step on Terry or Ben's course design but i appreciate the feedback.
I don't know how to throw a roller yet.
I do like the idea of OB stakes as suggested for Hole 2, i leave all planning for rollers and such to the course planners. They do have stuff from the old course, i saw 1 old hole flag in the clubhouse friday.
There is consideration for up to 3 future mandos. #2 being the most important to keep people from throwing 75 mph spikes with champion bosses into someone's face walking up #3's fairway. #16 to keep people from throwing near apts and hyzering out into some kid on the 3rd floor, killing them, and maybe #5 to take away the all too easy hyzer route which also has you throwing too near #6's tee.
Was at the ponds yesterday and love the low grass. The course in general kicks a$$. but was inquiring about the huge Stage? or bandstand that has been built right in front of the am tee at 18. is that going to be permanent ? Cause its pretty freaking big to move with manpower.
It's temporary. In our meeting with the management Friday, they told Bill for how long, but I do not recall what they said, I was focused on other stuff.

Prepare for the course to be closed from June 30 until July 6, due to a annual carnival that sets up inside the complex. It's the same carnival that sets up on a different date (or used to) at Pioneer High School.
Thank you sir. bummer about the begining of july though
Sorry Terry i don't remember the stage either.
The June 60th - July 5th dates are for the carnival and the fireworks, the baskets will be pulled to stop people from playing them and to protect the baskets.

I do believe the stage is for during the carnival for live music bands and such.
Yep.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968