www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The range up to 80m.
What DISC does you use straight?
I am using ROC and QJLS.
Do you think it is good though are not in the straight flight, and the straight drop?
However, because I am play of Japan, DISC of 150 classes is always used.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Kazuhiko,

I'm a huge fan of the ROC... get to know it, learn it and love it. The disc is what I use in the 260ft / 80m range. I'd tell you to get to learn to throw the Aviar but I forget you guys keep everything at the 150 grams. It takes some time to learn how to throw the ROC but the KC Pro ROC is my disc of choice for that distance.

I'm sure many people will have their preferences.
I bet a 150 TL (if they make one) is a good choice for long straight drives. I mean, it won't fly on a dead straight line, but it seems to be the longest driver I throw that mostly stays on the line the whole way. I throw a 168 gram TL a LONG way relatively straight. I love it!
Yeah... I second that one too. I have a 171g Star TL and absolutely love it. Brandon's right though.. It won't fly dead on straight but darn close. I have a lot of choices for straight drives.. I could either choose my Roc, Star TL, Champion Valkyrie, or Star Kite... all depends on what I'm feeling at the time and most confident with in that situation. It would be something to look into though.

Hope this helps.
I cannot imagine how good a player would have to be to throw a 150 class disc, forehand, into a headwind. I wouldn't hope it would go straight. I would just hope to keep it in bounds or at least in my fairway.

Once a player could throw 150 class discs with control maybe they should try doing it blindfolded. I wonder how good a player could get with a paper plate? :)
mark ellis said:
I cannot imagine how good a player would have to be to throw a 150 class disc, forehand, into a headwind. I wouldn't hope it would go straight. I would just hope to keep it in bounds or at least in my fairway.

Once a player could throw 150 class discs with control maybe they should try doing it blindfolded. I wonder how good a player could get with a paper plate? :)

When I reread my post it finally occurred to me that it could be interpreted as insulting to 150 class players or the whole nation of Japan. This was not my meaning. I have great respect for anyone who can control a golf disc and even more to anyone who can control a 150 class disc. If I have started an international conflict, I sincerely apologize.

The only American who should be on the outs with the international community resides in the White House. Reportedly, he is leaving soon.
I agree with Mark too.. I have mad respect for anyone who can control a 150g disc in a headwind. Best of luck in your search to find the disc you are looking for Kazuhiko.
A good putter if no wind or down wind (I use Lattitude 64 Spike : Great !)
Flx surge headwind.

For little more distance and straight fight to the pin : Impact

Have nice flights
irwinje said:
If you're interested, I have 2 (150-class) E Illusions and 2 more that weight just under 140g. If you want them, their yours. Just post an address.

397 Emma St.
Fond du Lac, WI 54935

:-) I have kids that I collect light plastic for...though I'm guessing you were talking to Kazuhiko?
Roc , Squall , QMS , JLS , Champion Viking !!!!
Thank you for teaching.
It is limited to 152G or less in Japan now.
There is an approval or disapproval about this.
If the stamp of 152g is not pushed on the back side of DISC, it is supposed not to be able to use it from next year in the game.
There is a difficulty of selecting DISC in such a situation.
It served as a reference variously.

irwinje said:
Brandon,
I was talking to Kazuhiko. But if he does not reply/want them, they are yours!
Out of curiousity, why are only 150 class discs allowed in Japan Bucci?
Oh ..................Japan ...................................150 Dx Beast !!!!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968