www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The range up to 80m.
What DISC does you use straight?
I am using ROC and QJLS.
Do you think it is good though are not in the straight flight, and the straight drop?
However, because I am play of Japan, DISC of 150 classes is always used.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kazu

I don't know if this (2008) seasons ACE RACE Discs (Whatever their Name will be) were
but STRAIGHT! Holy man these discs are stable- blew away my ROC (180) and these
babies were only 171 wt! (They came in variable weights I chose lighter ones )
Maybe Mark Ellis has a line on these prototypes and can tell you if they will be out in 150 class
and what types of Plastic in the coming year.
They don't roll over until the very end and handle a cross breeze very well. I can barely get a 250 drive with one but the wind up here in November is bad. They may show up on Ebay, if you see one grab it.
Swamptoy said:
I mite have some help A 150 to 160 class old school Innvoa Scorpion or Viper thats kind of hard To get .But the 150 Dx Destroyer is a very super techno Disc . It take some time but you make it do what ever you want in some good wind .. And I must say Toyota Trucks Kick Ass .... Guddorakku

I have had my Totota truck since 1988 and it still runs great !!!!!
Brandon Swanson said:
Out of curiousity, why are only 150 class discs allowed in Japan Bucci?

The course is not maintained in Japan unlike the United States.
The course in the park is not closed.
Therefore, it is limited to 150 classes for the reasons of valuing safety.
There was no such limitation in old times.
Star*man said:
Kazu

I don't know if this (2008) seasons ACE RACE Discs (Whatever their Name will be) were
but STRAIGHT! Holy man these discs are stable- blew away my ROC (180) and these
babies were only 171 wt! (They came in variable weights I chose lighter ones )
Maybe Mark Ellis has a line on these prototypes and can tell you if they will be out in 150 class
and what types of Plastic in the coming year.
They don't roll over until the very end and handle a cross breeze very well. I can barely get a 250 drive with one but the wind up here in November is bad. They may show up on Ebay, if you see one grab it.

I think that 150 classes are weak to the head wind.
However, DR.Rick almost does the round by 150 classes (The putter also ).
Considerably exaggerated DISC(Firebird,etc) is made to be used when I am a head wind.
I always wondered who would be the first person to reply to a Mark Ellis post without the first line being something to the effect of "Great post, Mark!" or "Right on, Mark!"

The answer? Mark Ellis.

lol

mark ellis said:
mark ellis said:
I cannot imagine how good a player would have to be to throw a 150 class disc, forehand, into a headwind. I wouldn't hope it would go straight. I would just hope to keep it in bounds or at least in my fairway.

Once a player could throw 150 class discs with control maybe they should try doing it blindfolded. I wonder how good a player could get with a paper plate? :)

When I reread my post it finally occurred to me that it could be interpreted as insulting to 150 class players or the whole nation of Japan. This was not my meaning. I have great respect for anyone who can control a golf disc and even more to anyone who can control a 150 class disc. If I have started an international conflict, I sincerely apologize.

The only American who should be on the outs with the international community resides in the White House. Reportedly, he is leaving soon.
kcbrez009 said:
I always wondered who would be the first person to reply to a Mark Ellis post without the first line being something to the effect of "Great post, Mark!" or "Right on, Mark!"

The answer? Mark Ellis.

lol ******************************************************************************

kcbrez009,

We could cut a lot of the uneccesssary verbiage on this site by only having me respond to me. :) OK, I get the hint. I going to try to be quiet now and sit by myself over in the corner.
No no no, Mark... I wasn't clear enough, I guess.

I always laugh whenever you post because you could post something like, "Well, if you don't have a left arm, I recommend that you learn how to throw a disc right-handed." Inevitably, SOMEONE is going to say, "Right on, Mark. Excellent analysis."

We all appreciate your comments. You can get out of the corner. It's the rest of us I chuckle at, not you.

mark ellis said:
kcbrez009 said:

The answer? Mark Ellis.

lol ******************************************************************************

kcbrez009,

We could cut a lot of the uneccesssary verbiage on this site by only having me respond to me. :) OK, I get the hint. I going to try to be quiet now and sit by myself over in the corner.
I use max weight Leopards for my straight shots from about 250 to 300 feet. When I was using 150 class discs for a few years I used an old 149 Pro Leopard as one of my main drivers. You can order a 150 Champion Leopard online here http://www.sunkingdiscs.com.
kcbrez009 said:
No no no, Mark... I wasn't clear enough, I guess.

I always laugh whenever you post because you could post something like, "Well, if you don't have a left arm, I recommend that you learn how to throw a disc right-handed." Inevitably, SOMEONE is going to say, "Right on, Mark. Excellent analysis."

We all appreciate your comments. You can get out of the corner. It's the rest of us I chuckle at, not you.

mark ellis said:
kcbrez009 said:

The answer? Mark Ellis.

kcbrez009,

Wow, that's exactly what Mark Ellis would have said about a person who lost their throwing arm. Great analysis Mark!
i have no experience with 150 discs but I use my putter,a 175 magnet for that distance,I can hyser flip it and it drops pretty straight,with no skip.Use what ever work for you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968