www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

While this is a really nice looking specimen, with a lot of unique style, if it throws like crap, who cares. Let me tell you, fear not, this is a badass disc. I will have a further report on my blog after posting a few rounds with it. I can tell you now that I've had it out past 400 on several pulls and its still stable. Powered down it acts just like a Teebird.

Views: 383

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you tried the Tracker? How do they compare to the Saint? The tracker is  stable enough for 400' but it a little more stable than Teebird at slower speeds.

Hey David, I don't throw a lot of Discraft, mostly Lat64, Innova, and Discmania. I will be out later to today, hopefully, throwing alongside the TBird, FD Jackal, River, Cyclone, and Eagle. Hopefully there is something in there that you'll be able to make a comparison to.

If the Tracker is more stable than the TeeBird, I would say that this will be less stable than the Tracker, even power down to build LSS. Either way, the throws I have had with it point to this being a great disc.

I am trying to get my bag set for Worlds and needed a really overstable fairway driver/mid. The Trident found its way in. Do you have one of those and have a report for me? I am loving it so far! We have had nasty winds in Colorado and it just laughs at them. Perfect s curves into howling winds, forehand mostly, and it is fine starting on a pretty steep annie line, just flexes and comes home. Looking at the Charlotte fairways I am thinking I need discs that will both go straight but also others that will dance. Is this a dancer?

And yes, prettiest plastic on the market!

it's a lat 64.. which means it owns

Nice pic but take the sticker off.

I have a bag that is mainly Innova but I do have a Havoc in there. A lot of the Last 64 stuff looks very nice. If it is similar to a TeeBird I would probably love it. My Havoc seems pretty similar to a Banshee.

I love the Trident for all the reasons you mention. I does like to skip, and the way I've found around that is to get a light weight Opto, they tend to be more gummy and absorb the hit rather than spray so far on the skip.

Awesome disc Rob, good luck at Worlds brudda.

That sticker is my proof of purchase. :)

It really only mimics the Tbird for me when I power it down, some people aren't comfortable with that I know. Regardless, the disc flys great, has all the glide Lat is famous for and then some.

Thanks man!

I did go opto but it is a heavy one. I have been really leaning it over so it is not having time for a full flex and lean-over angle skip. I may need to get a lighter one for more room for error?

I have a Villain in the bag already for long distance overstable, where does the Saint fit compared to the Trident and Villain? The Villain has been amazing, I throw it on crazy angles and don't think it can possibly carry very far when leaned that far over but when I walk the fairway, there it is with the other drivers?

From a different thread, let me know when you get here for next year's women's event and we can get the daughters together for a round. 

My Opto saint has a pretty flat top, making me think there is no way I'm gonna get 7 glide out of it, been too hot for me (also I've been too drunk - 4th celebrations...) since mine came in the mail - for those with Opto Line Saints - if yours has kind of a flatter top, does it still glide like a River?

I think the amount of dome on the Saint relative to other discs that have been coming out of Lat64 is pretty low. Compared to other disc manufacturers I would say that the Saint has a medium to low dome.

As far as having the glide of a River, I would say yes and no. Yes, but you really need to be getting the disc out past 325ish for it to kick into that second gear and then the glide is really noticeable. No, and I really think it is masked by the stability up to about that 325' mark. It is more pronounced with the River. If you compare it alongside a TBird you will more readily see the glide difference. I would say it is on par in the glide department with the FD Jackal from Discmania on shorter distances, but when it hits that second gear, you see why it has a near 7 glide rating.

Good to see you on Josh!

Cool, that's actually what I was hoping to hear. When I saw the ratings, I was wondering if I was just buying a better plastic version of a TL, not to say that would be bad, but I'm glad to hear it flies a bit more stable than its numbers suggest.

Also, it was a sad RIP for my Lat 64 Vision the first week of summer league... The creek at my local course was raging and I clipped a tree branch on a big downhill anhyzer, a shot that disc got me through a hundred times before... Huge bummer.

You still have that Boss?

I am still rocking the Boss. Those Star Boss hold there stability for so long, it's great. I love that I can always count on it.

Thanks Man

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968