www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just went onto the PDGA website to look up a local player who recently won a tournament. The tournament wasn't listed with his information so I then looked up the actual tournament results. What was disturbing was that the guy who won the Advanced division would have placed second in the Open division. The guy who won the Advanced Masters division would have won outright the Pro Masters division. Maybe they are just afraid of cash. Or they don't like a challenge. I don't get it.

Views: 78

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Man, it seems kinda confusing with the ratings, divisions, etc..... 

I have NOT competed Yet. I just started playing DG in March of this year and just this last month (July) finally started playing some under par rounds. I PLAN on competing because I LOVE this sport enough to push MYSELF to do the absolute Best that I can. And that is what I want. If I lose to a guy that beats me by 16 throws, I got beat by the better player, no matter what division. Just pushes me to work harder on my game to be more Competitive next time, Bagger or not. 

Jim, having not competed myself, I commend you on calling what you think is a wrong to other competitors. Use it and beat these guys next time...... :)

I was accused of being a bagger in the only tourney I ever played. Being my first one I played in Rec cause I wasn't sure what to play in.  I was one of only five players to beat the course through two rounds. The other four were pros.  I have never shot like that again in my life.  If I were to play again I would play in Intermediate, just to have the challenge.  When I play my local doubles on Tuesdays though I have never won.  Everyone called me a bagger after this tourney but clearly it was just a good day.

That is not a bagger that is a great round of golf I am talking about people that play the same rec or intermidate division for years and win by several strokes on the same tournaments.

Love it!  I'm almost at that age.  Do I get insurance and a discount at tournaments with that?

Yeah, I didn't really mean to call these two individuals out. I only was using those tourney results as an example, when you see someone competing in Advanced and yet they would have won in the Pro division (or placed second). Obviously people can have a great day or maybe a bad day. Nobody but maybe the best players can be "on" each and every time they play. That being said my advice is to push yourself and even to bump up to the next level as a way of pushing yourself. I did that and have no regrets at all. That way I was always challenging myself to play at the level that I knew I could. It didn't always work out the way I wanted but I had a lot of fun and learned a lot. If I ever return to tournament play it would definitely be in a Pro division. But since I am now almost 51 years old that would probably be the Grand Masters division.

I have and will always be a proponent of pushing yourself beyond your comfort zone. I firmly believe that often you play to the level of your competitors. So playing one step above where you think you should be will eventually make you feel comfortable at that next level. If you stay where you are you may never move up. Just a thought and a bit of my philosophy.

Now I am going to close this thread because enough has already been said on the subject and I may have also changed my mind as to what I originally wrote. But I still recommend to all to bump yourself up and don't be afraid to compete at that next level. You won't regret it.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968