www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The push for new and improved discs will always create gray areas. There are only so many ways a disc can be molded to be PDGA legal. The next step in disc evolution? No flight plate you say? Sweet!!! Not going to happen!!!
I think the hate on single brand am players is hypocritical. I hear people tells others all the time that throwing crappy shots is okay, but choosing one brand isn't. Most manufacters now produce a complete line up. With the thought of an am/rec in mind, I don't imagine that throwing a focus, wasp, and stalker instead of a wizard, roc, and stalker is really gonna make a difference- yes I know the wizard and roc are "better" but how many rec players do you see pushin wizards 280? True you could be missing out on high speed a few years ago but not now. Did I miss out on the boss- not really, it would have been more like the ganitor for me seeing I can't break 400 yet. I have been discraft exclusive for a lil while now but I just purchased some lat recently. I went all dc because I live in mi. and dc plays a role in the local scene- I try to spend my dollar locally whenever possible. I bought lat because it looked amazing and i've heard good things- and I could buy it locally.
To the comment about dc being a copier or whatever- ever heard of the cyclone?
Oh and the groove sucks;)
verryyy interesting
So if it sucks why is Discraft trying to copy it ;)~
What can I say I like the Groove. It's right next to the Nuke in my bag. Heck IMO the only reason to be brand loyal, is if you are getting paid by that brand!
Im pretty sure it was called the Wave, they came out at the memorial the same time as the Z flx wasps, The wave was horrible idea ive thrown one, its flippy one sec and crazy stable the next. Atleast discraft had the common sense not to put a grooved disc into production.
Last I heard the Groove is still one of the highest selling discs out there, but I have to give Discraft props. When they made the Torque and it was either stable or crazy unstable. They took it out of production. I guess I got lucky and bought the stable ones! Nice disc, but not good enough to replace my Drone.
The torque is now the shockwave- correct me if I'm wrong.
Of the ones I've thrown it compares more to a wasp. At around 15ft height with 5-10 degrees of hyzer at 250-275 power it should go straight, curve right, then fade in- at least that's my expierence with em from 170-175 grams.
It was called the Chaos.
Hey Josh,

You know where I can get my hands on a FLX Wasp? A friend told me about your reply and knows of my dreams of a FLX Wasp. MSG me.

-John S.
That's why I threw that clause at the end about only liking it in star plastic (but I haven't thrown a champ yet). I have only thrown one star and one pro katana so it may be inconsistent from run to run, I don't know.

The inconsistency in the groove I was referring to was in each SPECIFIC disc. I never knew what it would do. Sometimes it would flip over and not come back, other times it was somewhat overstable. You could chalk it up to nose angle sensitivity perhaps. I actually thought it was just way too speed sensitive...as in up to a point in throwing speed it acted fairly stable to overstable, then when you reached a particular disc speed it switched and became a near roller. I don't have this issue with my sidewinder. It seems to have a smooth progression along a continuum of different speeds. I know if I throw it a little harder it will flip a bit more and it's pretty predictable.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968