www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Am I the only one who has come across a pedstrian, dog walker, etc. on a dsic golf course at the exact moment in time when they realize the funnyy looking metal contraption (Disc Basket) is used for some sort of frisbee related sport?

Two of the more interesting things overheard or seen were as follows:

Older man to wife while walking dog... it must be a feed basket for the deer in the area.

Best one was when I saw an asian family using a basket as a BBQ with foil layed down across the bottom.

Any other good ones out there?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my pactice basket in the backyard was thought to be some new birdfeeder,birdhouse by my neighbor.The neighbor before them thought it was a small clothes drying rack.Both are/were snowbirds.
Back in the mid 60's we used my uncles cow feeder for a basket/target.They kind of resembled an early form of basket/target disc catcher.Cone top that kept weather elements off the hay below in a wire basket.Little did we know then what would surface for the sport I play today,Day late..many monies short later.
i would hv just thrown a putt into the bbq haha
may be the nice asian family was about to cook up some "birdies" for everyone

jc
be good
have fun
What is funny, is that I have had more than one person ask me what i was doing. I almost have the speech rehearsed now. Of course it is not as good as the one i have for the ACE RACE (this Sunday in Mitchell SD)

One person I talked to thought it was cool and let him borrow a disc and he finished the round with me. He now plays on a regular basis.
My Wife and I, experienced the same thing today. A pair of Women taking a breather in the Park asked us what we were doing. They threatened to come back tomorrow and try out a throw or two with us.
^^^ Threatened? And the bbq basket takes the cake.
I have seen bread stuck on the nubs like a birdfeeder.
I have approached a teepad before and some guy and his wife looked like PDGA basket inspectors, they sat there looking at it like it was some type of object that had fallen from space. It was pretty funny.
A friend and I were playing the other day and a small family were playing around on the monkey bars to the right of the fairway. Both of us teed off and two of the men ran out in the middle of the fairway got our discs and tried to throw them back to us! We were yelling,no, no we meant to do that! This went on one more throw and we finally just skipped the hole!!! LOL
in hawaii when people see the castaway club carrying thier basket around, they ask " what is that?" after we explane what were doing with it they reply " we thought it was some kind of lobster trap."
ive had bikes with the front tires in our baskets and locked up like it was some kind of bike rack...
recently on a trip back from a tourney in junuea ,my discbag was pulled aside for futher inspection because the sniffing machine found something of interest(no it wasnt weed haha) so the guy pulls all my discs out and comments that "my dog sure had alot of frisbee's" i had to explain what a golfdisc was and explain i play a dgc here that is on a ball golf course so the bomb making ingrediant all over the bottom of my bag was fertlizer from the golf course .i barely made my flight home and washed my bag when i got home.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968