www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Innova Comp, Revolution Carolina, and the Gorilla Boy bags. I'm gonna get one of these asap. I know most of the positives, but I wanna hear the negatives, if any. (workmanship, durability, customer service)
Thanks

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have had the comp bag for a year and a half it still looks and functions great for what it is designed to do. What I don't care for is:
1) The lack of an internal frame to add some support, keep the pockets from buldging in and making it difficult to pull out discs.
2) Need more storage sapce for extra towels, and layers that I take off during the round.
3) It needs a better rain flap that you can open and close easier on the wet days.
I think I bought a bag that was good for how I played then, but now I play more tournaments so my need for space and better function has grown. I will be buying a revo bag in the near future.
i have a discarrier. no complaints. especially for the money.
I own three Innova bags. The Tour (discarrier) bag I find to be too big, The Comp bag with a harness for the road and a deluxe I use for most rounds. All are holding up well although the zippers on the Deluxe bag are stuck. I suppose some silicone spray would help. But dispite the wet conditions here in Hawaii (135" per year) they are still intact.
I've had the innova Discarrier for @ a year now and I thik its awesome. Gotta get straps for it too!
I've had a few different Innova bags in the past, but now use the Gorilla Boy Kong bag and love it. Had a couple durability issues with the Innova bags. I've owned my Kong for almost a year now and no problems whatsoever. The only negative I can think of is the frame it comes with. It's mostly my personal preference, but instead of using the included frame I use the Innova Competition bag frame. It fits perfectly without any modification and makes the bag even lighter. Go with the Gorilla boy bag, hands down the best disc golf investment I've made.
I have the Carolina and can only think of two negatives (although i would suggest this bag to anyone, its awesome) when you walk the connections to the shoulder strap squeak and the divider in the bag has a tendency to move around while playing
David "OLD" School said:
I've had a few different Innova bags in the past, but now use the Gorilla Boy Kong bag and love it. Had a couple durability issues with the Innova bags. I've owned my Kong for almost a year now and no problems whatsoever. The only negative I can think of is the frame it comes with. It's mostly my personal preference, but instead of using the included frame I use the Innova Competition bag frame. It fits perfectly without any modification and makes the bag even lighter. Go with the Gorilla boy bag, hands down the best disc golf investment I've made.

I've heard that Revolution has a lifetime warranty on there bags. Does Gorilla Boy have the same warranty?
OK, Innova comp. neg: Made with nylon, thin nylon at that! Only sinlge and double stiched. No rain cover. Lasted only one season.

Rev. Carolina neg: Plenty of room for discs, but the opening is to small. If you load it fully. You have to "bend" the disc's located on the ends to get them out. Huge side pockets, but would have liked sub-pockets. Quality Bag.

You might want to check out the Phenix bag. It's pretty sweet. The big down side to it. Is that is is a non rigid bag. So if you don't fill it with disc's (18 to20). It tends to sag in the front and sides. But I love it.
Comp bag has a rain cover. It is just harder to use than some other bags

Rescue said:
OK, Innova comp. neg: Made with nylon, thin nylon at that! Only sinlge and double stiched. No rain cover. Lasted only one season.

Rev. Carolina neg: Plenty of room for discs, but the opening is to small. If you load it fully. You have to "bend" the disc's located on the ends to get them out. Huge side pockets, but would have liked sub-pockets. Quality Bag.

You might want to check out the Phenix bag. It's pretty sweet. The big down side to it. Is that is is a non rigid bag. So if you don't fill it with disc's (18 to20). It tends to sag in the front and sides. But I love it.
Thanks for the info everyone! It is between the Revo and The Gorilla Boy.

had a Rev bag. The inner plastic cage is prone to cracking/breakage. I sold it & now use an Ogio backpack with Innova accordian disc dividers.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968