www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I now have three Nukes and I love them. I can bomb them 390 and they are incredible. I play with a group of guys who can also launch discs around or over 400 feet. I am the guy on the course who has mostly Discraft discs although I have a mixed bag. I live in Atlanta, GA (Innova Country) and have tried to get a few guys to throw the Nuke and have let them throw it. The results are amazing, they cannot throw it flat!!!??? Has anyone else experienced this?? They can bomb a Boss or Katana or Groove, put a Nuke in their hand and they almost shank it. Soooooo weird!!!

Views: 649

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats the problem i have with my brothers surge ss so i just stick to regular surges. Love my nuke though.
Thanks for the tips.. Tomorrow a few of us are going to try Kensington for the first time... I keep hearing how great of a course it is..
i have a slightly different problem with the nuke... although i've bombed it three times, (three different friends let me throw theirs), i've slipped and fell to the ground each time. twice on concrete tees, and once on a grassy fairway. i think it's just not meant to be in my hands
This has got to be the craziest disc ever. I have yet to see a disc produce such mixed reviews both ways. I own 4 of them right now. Four different colors and four different weights. I have found them to be amazing. Throwing it all ways hyzer, straight, anhyzer all have quality consistent bombdom for me.
i throw 95% star innova and i threw a nuke today and loved it! feels great in the hand, and flies pure.
I love it too, threw it 375 uphill today. This disc soars like no other I have seen. Birdied a hole that has only been birdied a few times by a few guys. Add me to the list thanks to the Nuke!
"I'm having the same problem.. I've only thrown mine a few times tho I thought it was just me. I have mostly discraft but a friend of mine bought a boss xg and got an ace the first day out with the new xg. 290ft."

Why is your friend throwing a BOSS on a 290 foot hole?
Ace with a Boss on a 290 foot hole is just dumb-luck I guess!
Thats funny, I can throw a Roc 300 feet.
Just saying. Perhaps a BOSS in your friends hand is the
wrong call all together. I find that guys with no power always try
and throw these huge power discs. Its painful to watch.
I dunno, try perhaps a roadrunner or Champ Valk, if power is not your
fortay. just my .02
moe.
i think they can't because it is more finesse. people with good form keep it flat. people who put a lot of anny on it, stretch out the Scurve to get their 400ft. you probably could throw their choice discs further than them because it sounds like your form and snap are better. ppl wth less perfect form and snap have a hard time keeping a disc flat and cover up their flaws by using discs that are too much for their arms by putting alot of anny on them, which creates long S-curves for them. I bet their throwing motion is more aggressive and not smooth and slow.
I agree with you 100%. I however am lacking power for sure but I use drivers, mids, and putters all the disc in my bag.. I just started a year ago... I'm trying to learn as much about this great sport as I can thanks for all the help guys...
Cmon man.
Full Contact with the Ground Disc Golf .com???
I think it is a mental issue, You concentrate on a nice smooth deliverey, the disc will turn.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968