www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I now have three Nukes and I love them. I can bomb them 390 and they are incredible. I play with a group of guys who can also launch discs around or over 400 feet. I am the guy on the course who has mostly Discraft discs although I have a mixed bag. I live in Atlanta, GA (Innova Country) and have tried to get a few guys to throw the Nuke and have let them throw it. The results are amazing, they cannot throw it flat!!!??? Has anyone else experienced this?? They can bomb a Boss or Katana or Groove, put a Nuke in their hand and they almost shank it. Soooooo weird!!!

Views: 646

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

your problem does not lie in the disc.. its gotta be the shoes lol
Look in my bag and you will obviously see I prefer Discraft. I picked up a Star Katana and the Memorial Nuke. Katana 172 and the Nuke 173, later a first run Nuke at 172. Even going in throwing both with a hope the Nuke would be the Disc of the two, brand loyalty speaking, the Katana was much more consistent with accuracy and distance. The Nuke is just too over stable for the distance I wanted it for.

That doesn't mean that I pulled it out of the bag. The Nuke is a perfect distance head wind disc as long as the wind isn't too strong. I think for me it is the extreme wide rim that may be what is making it more over stable for me, or it may just be a faster disc than the Katana? I have bombed it a few times, but nothing consistent as the Katana.

I still like it though. It's just not my main distance disc.
I now have three Nukes, one beat in and two brand new. Maybe people just gve up on the Nuke too soon. The guys I am referring to throw Katana, Boss, Destroyer and whatever else and bomb them. I am not so sure of it being a finesse disc. I do not think any speed 13 disc is finesse. You just have to rip it smooth and flat, smooth is faaaaaaaaaar baby!!
i think its because its like throwing a piece of slate. not because its not throwable....!
i can throw a shingle as fara s a nuke, but it does the same damn thing!! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968