www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I was out at Coldbrook yesterday evening just practicing drives in the field by the pavilion.  There were a few obnoxious groups that walked by, but I simply minded my own business.  A few minutes later once I had the area back to myself, a young girl came running over to me (about middle school age), crying, saying her bag had been stolen by a group of guys.  My gut instinct was that it was the group of straight billed wannabe gangsters that had just left.  I immediately began to walk over to their car as they had just gotten in.  But when I shouted to them they peeled out of there.  Of course it was too far away for me to see a license plate or even be sure on the make and model of the car.  So, for everyone who plays out there, watch out for any thieves, and lock your car doors.  It is a pretty sad thing that there are people out there in the world who have the nerve to steal and bully young girls, I don't think it could get much lower then that.  Of course I didn't pay too much attention to the guys who were most suspicous, but I did get a good look at one of them- he looked very much like Espen Mokkelgjerd from Norway (if there just so happens to be anyone on here who has seen him before and plays at CB), minus the fact that he could throw a real shot.   I did hook the girl up with all new discs, and hopefully I will have recruited a future world champion. So, bottom line, golfers beware. 

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's going way too far bro. I like to think about handling this like the quote below states:

"Let your enemies be disarmed by the gentleness of your manner, but at the same time let them feel, the steadiness of your resentment." Lord Chesterfield

By the way - that sucks Jenny! Glad to see you're playin a lot again though.
The Coldbrook thieves strike yet again. This time I was the victim. I was practicing my putting by the practice basket. My bag was sitting on the picnic table ten feet away from me. I looked up, my bag was gone. Someone pointed out the guys who could have taken it thinking it was someone elses (cuz I am sure everyone else has a camo gorilla boy bag, easy to mistake, right?) I walked over to their SUV, tapped on the window, and they peeled out nearly running me over. Bystanders on 18 tried to stop them but the punk gangsters almost ran them down too. Needless to say by a miracle they were stopped and my bag was returned by a hero who took off after them. The cops showed up and talked to the guys near the boat launch. By the time I walked over there (because my car keys were missing) the cops had let them go. Apparently, they thought it was their friends bag and wanted to get it back to them. In fact they were so concerned about their friends belongings they managed to throw the keys out of the window which were later recovered buried in dirt in the parking lot, probably from them spinning out their tires and trying to kill me. They told the cops they were the victims, and the cops let them go. Then, they heard my story and basically blew me off. It is their word against mine- never mind the fact they these punks could have killed me and that there were at least 10 witnesses. The cops wondered why I wasn't there quicker- they didn't get the fact that I had to walk because the guys stole my bag with keys in it. As far as I am concerned this was attempted murder with a deadly weapon towards four people. Karma sucks. Anyone that plays out there watch out for two guys who are about 22 driving a white suburban.
Try to file a police report Jenny...these type of scumbags and their crappy behaviour need to be on record. Someone at that police department will have an ear for your story...
the police didn't even technically make a report because I was not there when they showed up- I was too busy walking over to where they were since my keys had been taken and they could not understand that. The one officer did say that he would let the prosecutor know of the complaint and then it would be up to that person. They will definitely be hearing from me today. It's just the fact that for a real crime to have been committed I would have had to been physically hurt or killed- then they would do something about it. There are no preventative actions taken. It's a messed up justice system where the criminals are always protected.
this may be a little extreme, but what would the consequences be if someone stole the clubs of a pro golfer?
But, there was a real crime committed ...your bag and discs were stolen, albeit, for a short time...

Sounds like you will be calling them...try to find a friendly ear at the PD...
the theives would definately go to jail....
well except if it was tiger....lol.....jk
dude, that's a shitty store jenny. hope these guys don't take their close call for granted or next time they get caught they probably won't be lucky enough to have it be the cops.
lucky for them the cops let them go before my man showed up
First of all I want to thank you for what you did for that little girl. That was very very nice of you. No good deed goes unnoticed and for that you will be blessed back in return. Now on the other hand no bad deed goes unnoticed so don't worry about what those guys did because it will come back on them... You turned around what was a very aweful sitiation into a good one in which I'm sure the girl will never forget. Again thank you......

Fellow Disc Player,
Rocky
No need for this.
Get out the cell phone camera, take their picture and post it. Or if you get their plate number post that and let others know to look out for them. They will trip up if enough people know about them. Community.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968