www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

1. the cliques. you know.. the "clubs" that don't encourage newcomers and don't seem to support adding more people.
2. the PDGA discussion site being member only. so my membership lapsed..or I am a newer player.. that means I cant post? that's just stupid. don't argue. it is.
3.really aside form the "uber" attitudes I seem to get from some people, that's all I can think of. if we don't share this with others, than have fun being stuck in the 80's and having it go nowhere but backwards. we need to open up more to newcomers and find ways to draw them in.the "attitude" just gets to me that I see sometimes.

sorry to sound angry, but it's the truth sometimes.

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Drx49er said:
AuS-Discgolfer said:
hmmm i dont think that all drugs are bad

i dont see the problem with it in moderation as long as it doesnt effect anyone else around that person

I don't use any drugs. I I don't even like to take advil if I can avoid it. I think drugs should be legal. I'm not going to use just because it's legal. I don't even drink or smoke and those are both legal. It's a choice everyone should make for themselves. I doesn't belong on the disc golf course, neither does alcohol. Play straight, get loaded after the round.

Drx49er, I couldn't agree more.
Nick said:
Drx49er said:
AuS-Discgolfer said:
hmmm i dont think that all drugs are bad

i dont see the problem with it in moderation as long as it doesnt effect anyone else around that person

I don't use any drugs. I I don't even like to take advil if I can avoid it. I think drugs should be legal. I'm not going to use just because it's legal. I don't even drink or smoke and those are both legal. It's a choice everyone should make for themselves. I doesn't belong on the disc golf course, neither does alcohol. Play straight, get loaded after the round.

Drx49er, I couldn't agree more.

Thats great that you dont touch the stuff. Maybe i typed that wrong cause i wasnt saying that people should be smokeing drugs during a round or during play but i dont think it is the thing that is holding the sport back alot of the guys i know who do this after rounds are the guys who are doing the most to promote the sport.
I think the sport is being held back In Australia anyways is because the lack of knowledge about the sport, Lack of funding as to get to a tournament here it cost around $900 American and also the other thing holding it back is the lack of council or government help in installing courses.
I've been playing for a little under a year and the one thing I can't stand, the cockiness and attitudes I see. Some people are all about it and just having a great time, then there are the players who think you owe them something. It's like dude, come on, we all gotta start sometime, I'm sorry you got a 10 year head start. Don't be a dick to me, I'll leave your disc in the river or give my dog a new chew toy if you wanna bitch about everything. Seriously, this is how I get back at the bitches out on the course and I know it isn't looked upon in a very good light, but I just can't deal with it. Show some respect. I've done nothing to receive it and until I do, be a decent human being about it and until you can be a decent human being, you're not getting your damn discs back.
I actually enjoy playing disc golf with new players and bringing people into the sport, i cant understand the cliques and newb-hating attitude either.
i havent even readall thes post im to drunk to even try but im going to try to reply ive worked with about 28 non profit orgs. and really ive seensome {wierd shi.} people dont really see it as it happends but humane nature seems to be clickish we can all be headed toward thesame gole but if you did not walk our path your wrong .y?you did not leave from where i left how was i suppost to follow you?we want the same thing{?} people want to share the sport but maybe not the scene{paronia will destroy ya
It is Sad !!!! Some just want their own way and don't want to share !!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968