www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight on this disc.  I am wondering if the Pinnacle or Icon plastics have different flight characteristics or if the different colors of the discs effect the flight?

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The only thing that I heard was that the Cannon is more understable than the Rampage. I have a friend who really loves the one that he got.

I have a cannon and it is a good disc. Of course it is more understable then the Rampage, nearly all discs are. Anyways...........

It is a good disc, I would say it is a beat in Nuke in terms of flight patterns. It has a deeper rim then most speed 13's which is what I love.

Why haven't you already?? Icon- much more understable than the Pinnacle in my experience. I've thrown 3+ pink ones and they are by far more overstable than the green, white and black I have tried. I've found you can fairly easily "tune" it like an Epic by bending it up to make it more overstable after it beats in. Hit pole on a flat 430' hole with a Pinnacle Cannon this week..definitely go get one.

So pink is a good color to go with? Does it still have good high speed turn?

I'd say if it's like mine it won't even 'turn' until it gets to the 400+ ft range of speed with no wind thrown smoothly, brand new. They have an unusual 'turn' in that when flipped they kind of just float off to the right (rhbh) without being at a sharp angle or ever rolling, even into a wind.

Wow that's pretty cool. So how do the other colors less stable than pink fly?

Much flippier- possibly can roll into a wind, but no wind, they'll hold a long fade turnover whereas the pink ones (of mine) won't hold the turn but pan out- still finishing right of center usually. It reminds me of my cyclone in that even when flipped they don't seem to want to land on a roller edge.

That's just what I wanted to hear. I shoul get down to the throw shop and try one.

A little insight.  The Icon Cannon is more of a straight to turnover flyer. The Pinnacle Cannon is more stable.

I haven't thrown one but it sounds a lot like a Westside King. I love my King and throw it a lot but if you turn it over it is gone. If you throw it right it goes and goes with a fade at the very end.

not like the King

I'm curious how you think that they differ. The numbers seem very similar.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968