www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am interested in what other disc golfers think about or do when not playing disc golf. The objective is to find others that have similar interests in addition to playing in disc golf. For example, if I found out that someone else liked disc golf, ham radio and chess - I may want to exchange Ideas with that person or maybe even play disc golf with that person ! I have other interests - collecting stamps / post cards, video, photography, writing, computer programming, areodynamics / physics of discs, sports psychology, economics and electronics . So are there any hits out there - that is, people who are interested in many of the above items. Send in your "lists" to this discussion and see if there are matches.

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like ham, chests and listenting to the radio, but those aren't really the same...
And most believe I do think outside the basket, maybe too far outside sometimes...
It didn't take long for the truth to emerge. What hobby do disc golfers like next best to disc golf? Evidently ogling chicks they have no chance of hooking up with.
Uhh... I play pool a few times a week... does that count?
here is my main hobby www.shallowwaters1.com/forum . I bass fish when ever I can and that is most of the time. I run that forum plus an online fishing tournament. I have neglected it a bit as of late just because i have been surfing the net to get info on disc golf but once spring time hits I will be bass fishing again. I hope to be able to do both. I really want to do atleast one local disc golf tourney this summer.
I also mess around with making websites and I am on the board of directors for my sons high school band boosters and do the website which I made www.cooperband.org
metal music, guitars, creating music of various genres, good w**d, beer, tiger woods on wii, the hot to in my backyard, mountain trails.
Action Shooting Sports, Snorkling, Hiking, Fishing, Canoeing, Salt Water Aquarist....Ogling chests...oh yeah!!! Used to be more "hands on" back in the day...now just gotta settle for the "ogle" only part.
Definately playing table tennis,we have one inside and I ask fellow discers if they play once I get to know them and they seem pretty cool,I give them the table tennis invite.
I think so far outside the basket (sometimes) that other disc golfers (in my group) need to holler at me to let me know that it's my turn to throw. I think it's because I'm having senior moments. As for the ogling part..there are not alot of female disc golfers on the courses to ogle at. So...I have to be in other places to do the ogling. I think I am having an ogling drought. Winter is a bad time in Michigan for ogling on the disc golf course.
Someone needs to start a discussion on where are the best disc golf courses to ogle female disc golfers. Or what disc golf courses do women go to to play disc golf. You know...I see alot of women joining DGRus, but I do not see alot of them contributing to discussions. Like this one for example. (c;
Anyway...I don't think the originator of this discussion was talking about ham or chests, but ham radio's and chess. But ham and chests DID sound more interesting. Thanks Chuck.
It's snowing snowing, sowing here where I live and I am tired from all the snow removal. But...I did do my putting today.
K.
If you look at my first post, I said nothing about ogling, just the word "chests." It was everyone else that jumped to that conclusion. Actually, I'm into steamer chests, treasure chests and chests of drawers. OK, I can't really say that with a straight face.

Interestingly all chests being described might also involve polished wood... but I digress ;-) The best ogling around here seems to be courses near college campuses in springtime. Our Riverside course across the river from St. Cloud State always brings out the sun bathers who lay in some of the most distracting places. I'm guessing others on here have had that experience near or on campus courses?
......also...sometimes like to think outside the box inside the basket.
K.
I read. I've averaged a novel a day since I was 7 years old. I read science fiction or mythology as first choice, then suspense/mystery, then anything at all. Just have to read a lot.
Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun said:
I read. I've averaged a novel a day since I was 7 years old. I read science fiction or mythology as first choice, then suspense/mystery, then anything at all. Just have to read a lot.

right on. I'm a "reader" as well.

books good.. fire bad..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968