www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am interested in what other disc golfers think about or do when not playing disc golf. The objective is to find others that have similar interests in addition to playing in disc golf. For example, if I found out that someone else liked disc golf, ham radio and chess - I may want to exchange Ideas with that person or maybe even play disc golf with that person ! I have other interests - collecting stamps / post cards, video, photography, writing, computer programming, areodynamics / physics of discs, sports psychology, economics and electronics . So are there any hits out there - that is, people who are interested in many of the above items. Send in your "lists" to this discussion and see if there are matches.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have many interests other than disc golf. While I am not a philatelist like Terry, I am big into photography and writing. I enjoy chess, but much like my bowling score, it is all about having fun. Disc golf does pretty much run my life, as does work. I am an hourly manager for one of the largest retail companies in the world, but I do it to pay the bills, not because I like it. At home I love my wife and daughter and strive to be the best father that I can be. My wife is the greatest and puts up with my "disc golf problem" as she puts it.
I enjoy Jeopardy, after all it is the classic thinking person game, but I hate Deal or No deal. I also like good movies. I follow politics and economic news, and believe that unless a drastic change in American thinking and policy is made, a serious depression looms just ahead. Sorry to go on a rant about myself.
Terry...thanks for stepping in and changing the subject. Other than chests...I like reading as well. Actually... as you... my genre is science fiction as well. Along with historical fiction. Like.. Viking lore. And some dabbling in the samuri.. Myamoto Musashi. But I find it hard to read a novel a day. Again..thanks for adminstrating us away from chests although chests do deserve some polish.
K.

Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun said:
I read. I've averaged a novel a day since I was 7 years old. I read science fiction or mythology as first choice, then suspense/mystery, then anything at all. Just have to read a lot.
I am big into martial arts. Got my black belt in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu Dec 2007. I also ready fantasy and horror (Robert Jordan, George R.R. Martin, Stephen King). I am also into ready history on the Knights Templar. Much to my wife's lament I watch Walker Texas Ranger and love Zombie movies.
I actually have an old "chest" that came from one of the old buildings on the property I own, that was last used by a guy who fought in World War II. It currently contains my slide rule collection. Which reminds me, Alternative History is currently my favorite genre.
My major hobby pre-discgolf was juggling, not performing but just for myself because I enjoyed it and challenging myself. I think a lot of the object manipulation skills have tranferred well over to disc golf, just having a feel for how an object will fly and how to move your body and maintain balance while spinning,etc.

To see more go to youtube and search for "jtjuggling".

I also enjoy physics and math, one summer I made my own boomerangs (and they work), and I play the drums.
Later - good thread idea!

(I just noticed that a few of my other youtube vids show up on the bottom of the player as well when this one's done...)
what books havent you read then thats alot of books

Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun said:
I read. I've averaged a novel a day since I was 7 years old. I read science fiction or mythology as first choice, then suspense/mystery, then anything at all. Just have to read a lot.
Disc Golf
Hunting and fishing
disc golf
building things out of wood houses crafts etc.
did i mention disc golf
I love to cut grass
I study traditional music/percussion from West Africa (guinea & mali).
I am a chef, and I constantly think about food. My wife will ask me what I'm thinking about when she notices me staring off in space, and it's usually an easy answer. Food! I also read a lot, but it tends to be cookbooks.
Canoeing, hunting, fishing (mostly saltwater inshore), shooting 3D archery events. And also like Mark said "ogling chicks I can't have.
Playing guitar, listening to music of all types, painting, sketching, and playing video games.... (Disc golf is my main hobby though.)
I dont really do much out side of disc golf but when i do it is normally time spent at the beach looking at chests or fishing and if i aint doing thoose things i am normally 4WD along the coast somewhere. i used to be into baseball and softball before i found disc golf.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968