www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i am very interested in the Champion Roc +. I love my Rocs and they are pretty much my go-to mid range disc and i want to get one in champion plastic but i have heard some bad things about the +mold. So, i want to hear what you have to say about them.

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Super gummy, touch edges to each other gummy. At least the one in the Worlds player package. Haven't thrown it and prolly won't.
Nice and Stable !! You will Like it !!!!  :D
I've had one in my bag for a few months and it replaced my kc pro and dx roc. Mine is an xg champ plastic 180 g and flies very straight w a slight right turn if I put some snap into it. I mainly use it for slight right turning shots but am still learning to throw dead straight shots and I'm sure I can do it w this disc. I love the xtra gummy feel of the plastic and it feels like it will last forever. My friend has a regular champ plastic roc+ and it is a bit harder and more sturdy and seems slightly more stable. The way the rim of the disc is tilted out wasn't noticable to me but I do get a clean release w it. I definitely recommend it
I have had some grip problems with mine (max wt reg champ+) slipping out with any moisture on the disc or my hands. But its a good stable champ roc which is never bad, it'll hyzer at the end and should always stay that way.

i guess i should also ask which is better, the regular champion plastic or the XG champion plastic?

Only tried the one so I'm no help there. My guess is it will vary depending on what you are looking for it to do.
Pete, I have a 180g Green Champ Roc+ that I want to part with.  Never been much of a Roc thrower since some newer mids have come out, but wanted to give this one a shot.  I threw it maybe 5 times and shelved it.  Let me know if you'd be interested.  I'd also be willing to trade if you have any discs I might want.
I like mine, but is a lot flippier than a San Mario.  Really easy to turn over.
Xg plastic is a great feel imo but that is just personal choice. The xg plastic seemed slightly more understable but I only threw the regular champ plastic a couple times. Both are going to b pretty much the same in flight but if u like throwing gummier plastic....... R pro..... U will prob prefer the xg.

This is What I think of when asked What does a Real Champion Roc Look like  !!!!

must be XG? or lightweight? Mine is quite a bit more stable then my champ marinos which is the reason its still in my bag. But it seems less stable then my champ rancho was but can't be sure due to the fact that the plus mold was replacement for the rancho (never got to throw them side by side).
Not all us can afford one of those! And if I could it would hang on my wall because it would be to costly to replace as a thrower if I lost it. Thats what is nice about the new ones, 3-4 mold options and most are under 40 bones to replace.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968