www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I picked one up for my wife the other day because she wanted a pink disc and I thought its be good for her seeing as how it floats in water.  I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the disc and what you thought.

Tags: Dragon, Innova

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've never really personally used one, but the word I hear is the dragon will float better than it flies. I've spotted a couple floating in open water at one of the local course ponds. That goes to show you how valuable it was to whoever put it there in the first place.

If you're looking for a good floating disc for your wife, I would recommend getting a blizzard champion katana around 130 - 135 grams. As long as it's under 140 grams it will float. It's also really nice and stable for its weight, and you could easily find a pink one :)

It floats.

Thanks.  I didn't realize that it was so undesirable.  I actually got myself a 132g pink Blizzard Boss...should've gotten her one too I guess.
That's about all you an say about it huh?  Oops.  Looks like I might have made a bad call.

As with all discs, you never know, it might be magical in the right hands. In my experience however, I only see it used over water and the shot typically results in self-fulfilling prophecy. I think that there are better pink discs for beginners out there. For example, I have seen the Edge Skeeter in Pink.

when we first started playing dg   the dragon was good because the course we had    had lots of water,  it was a very effective down wind flyer being only 150gms.   being dx they chewed up pretty quickly and become overstable to the point where you didn't really know what they may do ...... a few of the women today like them because without much effort they glide and  S turn just fine for woody tracks .... the pentulant Dragon should work just fine for starting out ... and pink is good to find.

I bought a dragon as one of my first discs since our course has lots of water. It got me to where I was comfortable throwing over water. But I only used it for the wide open holes over water so it never got beat to bad. Trees will destroy it quickly. I liked the disc a lot as a good beginner disc. Under stable with good glide and I learned to throw it well for what I needed it for. It now resides in my wife's bag and she likes it for the over water shots too.

the disc is good for what it is designed to do. its an excellent beginner disc. it was my first driver that i could throw for any distance with control. the disc is DX plastic so yes it gets destroyed pretty fast. I think u invested wisely anytime you can make your women happy, u did good. :-)

My personal opinion of the disc is that it's the worst I've ever thrown.  I lost one in some deep weeds and felt guilty someone might find it and suffer with it.

BUT, that's a personal experience.  I've seen plenty of people who seem to be happy with their Dragons. 

In general, there are better floating discs.  I haven't tried the floating Blizzards yet, but have a Wahoo that's much better than the Dragon, and used to have some Lightning discs that flew reliably and floated.  None of which are real good, but more consistent than the Dragon.

Floating discs tend to be a mixed blessing, as they just sit bobbing in the middle of a pond, taunting you.  Sometimes you splash near enough to shore to retrieve, and sometimes you've got wind and time to wait for them to blow to shore.  Sometime's you don't.

The first hole on my local course has only been aced once and was by a dragon. Roll turnover skip Bamm! There all 150gs.

I don't understand people telling Dragon is a bad disc. It is not. It is great disc for the purpose it has been designed. It is a great beginner disc for players who have not yet developed good enough technique to throw discs that require faster speed when releasing the disc. After you can throw a regular stable disc around 80 meters, Dragon becomes too understable. But until that, it is great disc. And there are lots of people who play disc golf only for occasional fun and will never learn to throw like a pro. Dragon is just perfect for them.

Thanks!  My wife is a beginner who very seldom plays.  I don't think she'll ever get too serious about the sport.  She just likes to come out with me every once in a while and toss a few discs around.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968