www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was just wondering what people think the keys to throwing the disc with the nose down are?

Views: 558

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I try to keep my wrist cocked back all the way through to the hit.

Sorry, but why would you want to do that? What do you really mean?

Throwing nose down helps the disc from stalling out too early

I believe what you are saying is getting on top of your disc.

It is getting the front edge, just cutting down enough to get a nice flight.

No nose up stalling.

Correct?

Nose down also creates lift, well that and a hyzer angle. True it prevents "stalling", but the way the "airfoil" is designed. A nose down angle creates lift and I belive that's the primary reason for doing it.

index finger on top of thumb grip will let you do it.

Correct

okay, so we mean, what are the secrets to not throwing the disc nose up and stalling the disc. I think there are rare occasions when you want to throw the nose down on purpose as opposed to a flat nose.

In that case it is the release angle and angle of your throw, you need to pull flat across your chest as opposed to starting from the waist and throwing upward.

I only throw nose down when throwing a stable disc low. Or a left to right wind for a nice anny. Now throwing a putt nose down is another story. Some awsome putters do it. They throw straight up and the putter comes crashing straight down when it smells chains.  Any time a disc flies to the right it is going nose down, that is for RHBH tosses. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

keep the disc flat through your throw and it will help keep it from stalling out. and as for the nose down putting its to prevent lift while putting into a headwind.

I think we may be confused here, Nose down and throwing on a hyzer release are different things in my part of the DG world.

True, but I was just trying to point out that those two angles

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968