www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was just wondering what people think the keys to throwing the disc with the nose down are?

Views: 566

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I often see the pros throw the disc 40 feet in the air and the disc is still flying level and doesn't stall out.  How do they do this?

They are throwing a stable to slightly overstable disc with enough power to get it to "S".

First, find a spot between you and your target 50' in front of you. Place an empty beverage can there (Preferably 16 or 24 oz). 

Next grip the disc firmly with your thumb directly above your index finger squeezing the disc between the two FIRMLY. Angle the disc so that you can't see your thumbnail anymore.

Now envision the disc tearing the can in half by flying through it. Do your absolute best to tear that can in half and your disc will fly flat, four feet off the ground. 

You're welcome. 

Nice xian421. My self, I use visualization. I visualize how I want the disc to move and think about how my body would feel while it's moving to create the same flight. There are about a thousand reasons to want your disc to be nose up or nose down. Here are some of the most obvious ones: When throwing a disc high that you don't want to "fluff", when throwing over anything, when throwing in a tail wind, when throwing in a head wind, when PUTTING over or under anything, in intense side winds, when throwing and anhyzer that you want to turn extra right/down, when throwing a hyzerbomb, when throwing rollers, when you want your disc to flip earlier, when you don't want your disc to skip/carry farther than your target, when throwing stuff thats really stable, when putting towards a down hill, when putting down hill... 

Flat , Flat , Flat ........................Some do not know how to throw Nose Down after 10 years of playing !!!! LOL !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968