www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Welcome to THUMB NATION!...A home for all players who consider themselves "THUMBERS". We don't just use Thumbers as flex shots or "get out of trouble situations", We are players who are dominant in this throwing sytle from tee to basket. We as Thumbers only use backhand or forehand when given no other option in our approach or drives. The Thumber is a powerful, and accurate throw, and most of all its consistant!... We are calling all Thumbers to join us in our Nation! United We Throw.

Views: 48

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At first I thought you were refering to "Thumbers" in Michigan.  That's what they call us who live in the "thumb area" of the lower penninsula of MI.  Anyways, I love throwing thumbers but stink at throwing tomahawks.  I don't throw them every shot but they are one of the funnest types of shots to throw.

I learn something new everyday, Thumb Nation is a group of us who primarily use a "Thumber" style of throw around 90% of the time. We want to reach out to others who use this technique alot, to help get feedback on what discs to use and what kind of results and flight patterns, etc that other playersd are getting. I'm with you on the Tomahawks, they have their place, but in our eyes Thumber is the way to go!!

Thanks for the feedback, eventually once we get up and running we're hoping to get some specialty discs made strickly for THUMBERS!

-THUMB NATION

Two years ago I would be with ya, after injury I had to learn backhand. Ohh how I miss throwing thumbers on then wooded holes and watching everybody else struggle.

Overhand game is by far the best way to win, now if a company will just make an over hand disc. Extra groove for grip or something, thy would be awesome. Quest AT where ya at, you guys make all the crazy disc out there.
Check out the Aerobie Epic

As a Design Engineer for a company that supports  the Military and NASA. I got all the resources to develop some discs geared to improve the performance of overhands throwers. It's just a matter of putting it all together one day and Turn this club into a Brand, Is our ultimate goal!

The EPIC is a step in the right direction!, Great Thumber Disc for distance in an open area, I would like to develop a disc which tightens up the flight pattern similar to the EPIC. So that it could be used more in tighter areas.

All this time I've spent trying to tweak our course to make it less thumber-friendly.....now I discover that the darkside is organized!

HAHAHA....Low ceilings may force a backhand or forehand here and there, but we'll always find a way or make some excuse to throw Thumbers, and if its too low, we can always Unite with Rollers!

I have been working on my Thumbers as of late and have realized how Truly USEFUL they are. ESPECIALLY after watching HOURS of Footage of Brian Schweberger throw like a Lunatic! Don't know if I'll ever go 90% on the Thumber, but I will Definitely use it enough to keep it in the Arsenal..... :)

Thumbers are a great throw for anyone's game, what discs do you like to use for your thumbers?

Back hand dominant, but thumb quite often especially when faced with uber tight fairways.I use a 150 z flick.
It may sound funny, but my go to Thumber disc is my 168gm Elite Z Stalker. I use the thumber Mostly on crowded, wooded shots. I threw the Stalker one day on a 175ft straight uphill, REALLY TIGHT hole. Put it 15 feet past the basket, RIGHT where I wanted it. Been using the stalker ever since cause I have thrown it enough I know what its gonna do. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968