www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im having a hard time finding a good thumber.

I want a disc that doesnt/wont flip over real quick. I like the long strait flight that scoobies at the end of the path.

Anyone throw overheads with a roc? Kc Pro? hows the distance?

Views: 334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

champion leopard is what i throw for a straight thumber. it's what schwebbie uses too since my results aren't necessarily a great recommendation. (actually may be an old proline leopard but those are a bitch to get)
the more overstable a disc is, the slower it will turn in the air. if you want it to turn slowly and get more distance use something very overstable. i use a Z Predator(2.5) for all of my thumbers, i think its perfect. i have a Z Xtreme(3.0) ive tried to use but i think that it is too overstable for me to use.

when i want to throw a shorter thumber i use a less stable disc that will turn over faster like an avenger of flash.

i dont think a roc would be good at all for a thumber....at all.
how about a flick? that was the most overstable thing I ever had
i use a star FL for my thumbers
I actually get good results from my Beast. I don't have great distance with my thumbers but it follows a predictable line for me at least.
flick will be good too. its very overstable.
Star Firebird works pretty well too. I don't throw thumbers often, but this is always the one I go with.
I throw a thummer on a lot of holes. I use the Reaper for shots inside 250 and use the Flick for over that. Both are great disc reaper is a little slower and the flick comes out fast but can go a long way.
I've found (for me any way) the less stable the disc the longer it takes for it to complete the turn. For these types of throws I use a 150 flick, a champion side winder, or a road runner. The lighter the weight the easier it is to manipulate, but keep in mind that the less stable the disc the less reliable the flight path when throwing overhand shots. Hope this helps:)
CE Firebirds are THE best thumber disc, along with 11x Firebirds, the flatter the top, the better. The 12x firebirds are more 'domey' and do not fly the same when thrown overhand.
The most recent Thumber I saw , was that Iraq reporter , throwing his Shoes at President Bush !!!!!! LOL !!!!!
Nice!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968