www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im having a hard time finding a good thumber.

I want a disc that doesnt/wont flip over real quick. I like the long strait flight that scoobies at the end of the path.

Anyone throw overheads with a roc? Kc Pro? hows the distance?

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i use a thumber a lot and get about 250' or so without effort with a viking it goes straight up corkscrews and lands dead ahead ,I also used a roadrunner which also worked
Travis Harod said:
Mark Ellis did a video on this. Thumbers and tomahawks were covered in the video. I myself would like to know about this too. You can view the video on YouTube.
Wouldn't it be great to get his input on this topic??? Hint, hint. : )

according to mark ellis in the video, overstable is better because it takes longer to flip. maybe if you use a more understable driver with less flick/spin off of your thumb it will flip slow?
i am an expert on thumber i learned from the best schebby and terry g and the best thumber disc around is and 11x firebird but only get the flatest ones these fly in the air for a long time and turn late in the flight ......now for tunnel shots it is best to use teebirds or whippets
Not saying I disagree with you (or them) but it's hard to imagine that the best disc to oh would be a variation of an already hard to get ahold of disc, only to beat it up with overhands.
I would say to go for a Z flick...it is a perfect overhand disc. There isn't anything I can't do with it. The other thing I would say try would be an ESP Venom LE. I just picked one up and love it...only use it for thumbers. But yeah make sure you are overstable. Heard a Z Reaper is good too...there are some others. But I would go with a Z flick all the way. Also the ESP Flick 150 is amazing too...having both makes for a complete overhand game.
scooby is when it lands un the top of the disc and scoobies.
A pulse is the perfect thumber to the right dics. it is flat top with a shallow rim which allows you to really grip hard.
A avenger ss is the perfect thumber to the left disc. flat shallow rim and boom.
I love my 11X firebirds, and I love them for thumbers more than anything, but damn are they getting expensive. Looking into other options now.
I read somewhere that the Quest Inferno was a great thumber disc. I had one I couldn't throw RHBH - actually thought about getting rid of it. Then I tried it at an Ice Bowl, just to see what would happen - dead straight and way long. I've used it multiple times since and it is incredible for thumbers. It earned a place in my bag.
Lately I have been using a Z Force for thumbers, overstable enough to flip but not to overstable. I would say I could put it out to about 250 on an open hole.
Z Predator would be my number one thumber choice throw it high and get it to carry, throw it low at the ground and it can get a very predictable skip. Getting the skip takes practice to know zero in on that throw though.
But I have found the Z Force to be good, because I can throw it Forehand, backhand and thumbers. It makes me have to carry one less disc in my bag.
Flicks for distance and a pred for control thumbers you cant beat either I did throw an aerobie epic 450 ft yesterday and it even slipped outta my hand it was the crazyist thing ive ever seen. It started to flip like normal then all the sudden started flying like a backhand throw. Ill have to find that one discer and get him to let me throw it again lol
And very predictable!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968