www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Does anybody know a way to throw either a tomahawk or thumber with minimal shoulder injury?

Views: 245

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Understandable,but the arthritist in the wrist/thumb area is painfull with every move.I deal with that,still throw backhand with pain.When a flick is required,well it's really out of the question.The sudden movement of wrist action sends acute pain when attempting any thumb throwing.So,I normally comment on "nice throw",smile and move onward to my throw and basket.;>}

I played the Monthly at La Mirada on saturday. While on the course I scouted out a place to film a little bit for a demo on throwing the thumber. I have a handful of holes that I use the shot on, but hole# 17 on the back course looks to be the one that will be the easiest to get good footage from. The shot is 260' across a little valley with a tree blocking the hyzer route on the right. The basket is tucked in between two trees, and blocked on the right front by another tree, but there is a window that allows me to slide a thumber in from the left.

I'll try and script it out in the next couple of days so that it will flow nice for you. Probably some time later this week I'll get out and shoot it on one of my Dawn Patrol days.

Thanks for giving such effort Dook!  It'll be cool to see a well-made video on the subject!

Thumb Nation just won the Scarboro Scorcher finishing first in MA2. Just to give you an idea of the power of the Thumber when performed correctly, Corey Stahl one of the 3 original members of Thumb Nation has only been playing Disc Golf for only 8 months, He used his thumber all but 3 times on drives and approaches, on both wooded and open holes, with his power and accuracy his scores beat out all but 3 advanced players and he even shot better than a couple of pro's.

@Dookville ...looking foward to the demo

Maybe we should get that guy to do a demo video.....haha. I'll still do one to show how us old guys can thumb em' without shoulder injury.
Hey dook, any way you can include a throw with an Aerobie Epic?  If you have one, that is.  None of the videos I've found are high quality enough to see the actual flight it takes.  All i see is the guy throw, then act all excited lolz...

I don't throw an Epic....sorry. I'll be using a 175g Firebird, 153g Teebird, and something unexpected. I have other stuff, but for this shot, those will do fine.

Dook..I'll be waiting for the demo video,another old guy with bad wrist arthritist;>}
ya!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! otherwise!!!!! You'd be in trouble and not have that shot!!!!!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968