www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

[snip]The fantastic disc golf mode is also back, and now it's fully online compatible!. They've beefed this year's version up quite a bit.[snip]

Played earlier version once with a friend and could have gotten seriously addicted.

Still this has got to cause a major rush of new players into the population!.. Leading to Bigger prize money in tourney's and TV $. If you can think it....

http://www.destructoid.com/tiger-woods-pga-tour-11-wii-both-harder-...

Views: 183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sweet
Fully online compatible means I can play against anyone else online with the Wii?
NICE>>
Watch out Zyzda! :-)
How about playing real disc golf. Sorry but this is a video game.
Of course, but just as there are different times of the day when you can get different feelings going on.. it shouldn't have to be disc golf for-real-24/7 should it?.. and besides, take wintry christmas eve nights around the fireplace, you can't beat it as a video game for some frisbee-like fun on the big screen, while otherwise snowed in from playing any real disc sport. Maybe there is even a high correlation of mechanical replication of what can be done with a disc, but with a fraction of the power. I mean also, doesn't the military, ie AIRforce, effectively use video in place of some real-life training situations?

However, per your excellent advice, Jim, I did play real disc golf today
I'm just glad i can walk!
H.O.E.! (Heaven on Earth).
I'm not trying to come down to hard on you. I play video games as well, but they aren't a substitute for the real thing. I just don't think that a video game is going to cause the sport to explode. I'm not sure I want it to explode. Our course is always crowded anyway. I take disc golf for what it is, an enjoyable past time. Disc golf isn't going to be on the level of ball golf ever. It's not the same thing and we don't have tie-ins with the banks and financial institutions that the PGA does. However, I wouldn't mind seeing an event on TV once in a great while.

Just glad that you got out and played today.
The online thing is always fun too! IMO, seemingly more peaceful online type of gaming activity, than the Call Of Duty online life. Not to come down hard on COD, cause it too is just a game. Just throwing a golf shot, vs killing 12 people as a game.. I would want my kids to choose disc golf.

But they won't.

And yeah, sport exploding.. good points for sure. We created the Rose Park course, knowing that it needed to have outlets for the incoming crowds. In rare cases, the core group does have this seceret course , or private course here and there. I see your point.

And yeah, probably true. about the ball golf connected to banks and that the status is if you can AFFORD to play ball golf, you must BE somebody with $$$. Which flies in the face of the whole BEAUTY of Disc golf. We want it (and often get it) all free! I totally get your point. Never stepped back that far to see the major differences.

You got me on this one. Why do I want the Frisbee sport to grow?? Perhaps it is so that a major conciousness of youth is focused on playing frisbee instead of cod. And the steady diet of peaceful gaming.. maybe can bring some more peace. (just rambling)

Gonna think about it all day now.
The sport is growing and I don't think that anything will hold it back right now. I wish we had one more course here in Colorado Springs. They keep talking about one about 10 minutes away from me, but nothing is getting done. Not a lot of real estate, but it would make a great 9 to 12 hole course.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968