www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Along with 2 player online play, and 22 courses to choose from, EA Sports Disc Golfing mode has added 3 fantasy courses to the line up this year to make for an awesome disc golf experience.  If you played Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2000-2005, you might remember some of the fantasy courses like "The Highlands", "Predator", and "Emerald Isle"?  Well, they added those to an already stellar line up of cool courses to throw discs on, and that work best for video game disc golf.

Views: 4613

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How is the gameplay compared to 2010 and 2011?  Did they make more than three discs?  Can you throw different ways other than backhand?  Are the physics better?
Oh Wow. Does sound cool. I saw a Youtube (I think) review on it and they were putting it down pretty hard. There were a lot of screen shots in the review and I thought it looked cool. I may have to check it out with all the stuff your saying. I am interested to hear the responses to Sean's questions also! Thanks for the Heads Up.....
I've got TW10. I think I'll wait until they allow disc golf on Augusta which apparently isn't the case in TW12.

Any demo videos?  I cannot find anything on Youtube

This link was on the Google search list last night:

http://chronicle.augusta.com/things-do/entertainment/2011-03-29/rev...

The gameplay this year is much, much, more precise.  In years past, any putt in the general direction of the hole would get sucked into the basket.  Last years' major fault was the lack of control you had over your throw power, but this year it has been much improved, however you still have a putter, a mid-range, and a driver to choose. 

Even with dumbed down gameplay, at least from real golf disc flight physics, the courses are still a lot of fun to play, and if its windy, anhyzers act like anhyzers, and ranked online play is a blast!

I give it a 4 out of 5!

I posted a video from TW 2011 online play, on discgolfscene.com

http://www.discgolfscene.com/video/all/96815

I'll throw a new video on here soon!

Check these sceneshots
Attachments:

Just picked it up over the weekend and not to impressed. It was cool that you have to figure out the percentage of power that you have to put into a throw or you'll end up crushing it or leaving it short. Wasn't to impressed

with the flight path of the throws it seemed like the disc was on an anny or hyzer but just went straight not much glide one way or the other. In regards to the putting anytime you are putting with the putter all you have to do is hold the disc nose down and throw it 12-6 and it goes in everytime. This game isn't even in the same stratosphere as the DG for PS3 ! I give it a 2.5 out of 5.

Which PS3 game are you referring to?  Sports Champion or TW 2012?

Yeah, its pretty dumbed down, if your looking for a good simulation. I Guess I just accept it's simplistic entertainment value, and I enjoy the thrill of knowing your battling for strokes with an actual person, even if it is just for a worthless ranking, and not just to beat a computers low score or my own PB.

Anyone know when xbox 360 or kinect will come out with a disc golf game?
On a different tangent, I have TW12 for iPad and I think it is one of the better iPad games out there.  It isn't as detailed or as chalk full of options as a console version, but it's pretty good.  Too bad they stripped away the disc golf too.  :-(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968