www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just started playing about a month ago, after my first time i have been obsessed. So I was just wondering if you guys had advice about anything at all. Grips, throws, plastics, etc. ?????

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All the above!!!!! Watch videos!! There are lots of them!!!! Practice, practice,practice!!!!
start with lower level dic selection,dont start out thowing all the latest stuff,look at flight charts,you will be disipointed with bad disc purchases,..good starter driver sidewinder,orc..midrange a roc,putters wow so many you have to find that out for yourself,,its a progressive sport,,good luck
i ran into a pro at my local course he said to pick up a avenger ss, stalker, and a surge ss.... My avenger ss is my favorite disc, but the surge ss is too much for me right now. Once in a while i can count on it on a dog leg left, i am left handed, so i throw it forehand..
Find a player who is good and ask for a few pointers. If you can develop good habits before you let the bad habits set in then you will have an advantage learning. The footwork and grip are very important to getting a good throw. Seek out the best players that you can find for advice.
oh ya your arm,its gonna be sore the first few month of consistant play,,do some practice in open space just so you dont have to do all your learning on the course,learn how to throw what you bought,we all did and still do it,it helps to see flight patern when you dont know how they fly,
i have a avenger ss that if throw dead straight and about 270 and an archangel that i have already broke in that i can do whatever with, one of my buddies said he was really surprised i was already throwing that far and straight.
Play GOLF. That means not trying to deuce every hole. Make your goal par. I wish I listened when people told me this. I still need to. You will win more if you start by shooting for par.
yeah i have noticed when i play more conservative i have played better, but some days i just have the urge to go for it.
Rock it out, find what works for you. Have fun, and obession is completely normal for us!!!
get a rule book.
i think i have seen every disc golf video on youtube lol! too many nights of being bored and watching it, but im waiting on my night discs from blackjaxsports so i can start playing at night

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968