www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was just wondering if anyone knew any tips on aiming the disc. I cant seem to get the disc to fly on the lines that I want. I know practice is the way to get better but does anyone know drills or tips to help the process?

Views: 450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just throw in the direction that you want the disc to go. Works every time. And follow through.

Pick your line, make sure your reachback is a straight line and keep the disc on your line throughout your pull and release.

Aim the Disc. Point it in the Direction you want it to fly !!!

Point yourself in the direction you want the disc to go. Everything else is technique (keeping the arm going straight through on a line).

The best tip I can give you is find a place to practice throwing that has narrow throwing lanes.  One of our local courses is Ausable Chasm DGC which is all narrow fairways that force acurate throws. This course forces me to aim and throw with accuracy or score double or triple boggies.

Check out discgolfreview.com. Look under instructional article.

Your throwing arm shoulder usually determines the line of your throw.

In other words where your shoulder points your disc goes.... most of the time.

You need to follow through.

Of course wind, type of disc, and grip all are factors. 

Look at the videos on you tube and see the x step drives, like Avey Jenkins, Barry Schultz, Ken Climo, see how and when they release the disc.

The article at discgolfreview.com was very helpful, I hung a 5'x7' tarp in my garage and put a target on it about waist to chest high and have been throwing into it for a couple of weeks now. (working on technique as well as aiming point.) I went out to a soccer field yesterday and was pleasantly suprised by the results. I added about 20 feet of distance, but more importantly all my throws were within probaly 30 feet  of each other instead of sprayed all over the place.

its like a clock start with the disc on the 6 release when you hit the 12.its like pulling a cord to a lawn mower. 

pull straight across your chess and snap your wrist when you release.the closer the disc is to your chest the more control you'll have.

I had created to rework my travel about recently. Not an enjoyable experience, however very fulfilling. It becomes boring putting 250-600 times from a 90 degree elbow bend over, but it has got the disc coming straight by means of your breasts like others have described.

Make an effort to go to an open field preferably without a lot of people and empty your bag. Do this on a consistent basis. You will develop a "feeling" for the discs you throw and then the rest of the aiming process takes care of it self. I would also tell you to buy a putter that you only throw. Don't putt with it. Just throw it. Trust me on this. Throwing putters for distance force you to learn angle of release, how much arm speed to use, the spin required, and even elevation. People will argue this point. The fact of the matter is that putters are not designed to be thrown far. They are slow highly controllable discs designed for putting. However, once you've learned to drive with a putter you have a knowledge base to go learn what other disc do. I throw an SSS wizard max. Weight. Slight hyzer, slight nose up depending on shot selection and distance.

pick a spot,to put it on its line,,not throw to the basket,but a throw on a line to allow the disc to fly to where the spot is.because the hole/basket may have more than one line to get there,,so putting it on a flight line rather than throwing to the basket can help you get closer to putt for birdie.and like others are saying FORM will come in time..and warm up prior to your rounds,i like to warm up with a couple max wieght rocs and buzzz,,they can help with accuracy..and after you pull back and are coming forward,your head needs to be up and eyes looking on your line..example here on a tight tee pad with trees,,head up eyes forward...good luck.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968