www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was just wondering if anyone knew any tips on aiming the disc. I cant seem to get the disc to fly on the lines that I want. I know practice is the way to get better but does anyone know drills or tips to help the process?

Views: 444

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

head up, eyes on the line,orange disc on the line..from teepad.not a long hole here in this pic,,in those trees .waist blocking basket.

Tips on aiming the Disc.

Find a empty Field and Practice.

Try everything you know , like Sidearm , Backhand, Overhand , Thumber , Scoobie , Sidearm Roller , Backhand roller , Two-Finger , HyzerFlip , Flex Shot , etc. 

Learn them all , then Practice some more and keep Practicing over and over till you reach your satisfaction level.

Play Different Disc Golf Courses and Try the Shots you have learned.

Play Natural Obatacles like Trees , Trash cans , Fire Hydrants , etc. Just to get your Aim Down.

If you don't have any distance yet , work on Mid-Range Accuracy.

As far as getting your Aim down , Work at your Short game First. Start off hitting your mark at short distances , then work on Distance Accuracy. It takes time.

For some , It takes many years , while others get it right away.

Practice until you know yourself and your abilities !!!!

Don't give up , even if everything does not go your way. Nothing is Perfect Everytime , All the Time.

Practice,

Practice,

Practice,

Practice,

Then

Practice !!!!!

Aim at the area where the basket is at.

What Donny said is right. You got to have a starting point to know what your disc is going to do. Now you could play a lot of rounds on a course or just throw your whole bag in an open field to uf your learning curve down at least in halve or more. I will always tell new plays to start with the slowest most neutral flying disc possible. Learn the disc to the point you start over powering it. Keep at it so until you learn they disc inside out. Now you have a starting point of knowledge to base other disc off of. I my self have a SSS wizard that is my short range driver/approach disc. I don't putt with it. The wizard is stable straight but not long like the buzzz. If I were to throw this disc as far as the buzzz then I would need to throw it on a higher line to make up for such things as the lack of glide, more hyzer to make up for the slower speed, and finally be smooth because a putter is finicky. That being said once you've mastered or t least learned to grow a slower disc further then you wl have a much better knowledge base to apply towards other disc. For example; I need to throw the buzzz with more spin/torque to make up for the extra weight. The buzzz is 176 and the wizard is 171. The buzzz is also a bigger diameter so more spin is required to get it to fly straight. That being said depending on the distance the slower disc is some times better depending the circomatance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968