www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Everyone has bad days... some even have a bad couple rounds... but 2 months of this crap is enough... I'm in a horrible slump where I'm not playing anywhere close to my potential... in fact if I were to put it in percentage, I'd say I'm throwing with about 15% of my full potential... it's not my distance, or even my putting... it's my drives... I changed my footing a while back and I knew it would take time to adjust but it's been a little to long for me to adjust and I'm getting sick of it... I try to practice as often as possible and I can usually put the disc close to where I want it.... but when I'm actually playing, it doesn't happen that way... maybe 1 or 2 holes will work out but that's not me... I need 15 to 17 holes to work out... not 2... any extra advice on what to do... I've adjusted my feet and they are hitting the same spot with the same angle of approach... my release seems to be consistant but I'm not 100% sure on that... it's harder to tell...

I'm good enough I should throw at least even no matter where I'm at... and my last round was +19... NOT COOL! Could it be a simple mind issue or does this sound a little more serious? The floor is open for discussion!

Tags: advice, performance, slump

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

kindofabuzz said:
If you were +19, the problem is not your driving, it's your putting. unless you're only driving like 50 eet or something.

It was the drives... I'd be either to the left or to the right and never down the middle... so I was hitting trees and landing in a bunch of crap that was next to impossible to get out.... I hit nearly all my putts with 30 feet... I'm still confident with the putts for some reason...
Thanks to all... I may not take time off... I really don't have anything else to do with my free time... I do think I'll cut a few things out... play with only a couple disc (my confident discs I think I'll call them) and see where that goes... I won't say that I'm not having fun... usually I'm still a chipper person and don't give a crap about the scores... I know that everyone has ups and downs... no big deal I'll just have a smoke, smile, and continue to the next hole... thanks again to all... if only everyone played disc golf... the world might actually get along...
If you are doing well in practice, but not so well while playing. There has to me some aspect of it thats "mental" When I've been slumping I find that I try to hard and press/push myself. That ends up making me more tense and not so fluid. What I've done in the past is take a week off to kind of "reboot" my musle memory and relax.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968