www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My girlfriend is amazing, but she doesn't get into disc golf. How can I get this to change?

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dude, that is so awesome! I am definitely going to remember your advice! Thanks!
Paul,
I get my girlfriend to play with me a once or twice a month...but she prefers it to be just her and I...it's a nice break for both of us to get out and enjoy the outdoors. She does not like the competitive nature that the friends I play with regularly input into the game. She tried once to play with the 'boys' and didn't like it. So try a round with just you and her...and make it fun!
I like the fact mine doesn't like it!LOL!!
But seriously now..The local group of disc golfers out here will put on clinics for newbies. Even though my better half did not like disc golf. It was better for both of us that she had some one else showing her the ropes. That way there was no pressure for her or me.
If you want her to be supportive, just talk to her about it. Girls like that communication stuff. If she doesn't want to compromise, maybe you should reconsider the relationship. There's plenty of FUN girls out there.
Depends on how you look at it. That sounds like quite the ultimatum, but maybe they're just not compatible (hence the discussion). That's how I feel when I date someone who doesn't play; life flows better when your favorite people are willing to participate in your favorite activities. I've heard of too many relationship issues because she thinks he plays too much. My best friend went to Worlds with me and left her boyfriend at home. He chastised her every day for not thinking about him enough. That's ridiculous! She was playing disc golf & planned on going to Worlds with me before she even met him. He should be understanding, don't you think?
I've been given just the opposite of that ultimatum. If I have to chose between a guy & disc golf, then ba-bye, I'm gonna go throw!
Which course and the directions to the hot,college-age girls please!
I think it's very Cool to play with your mate , girlfriend , wife. Encourage them to have fun and get better !!!
Thank you so much everybody! I appreciate all of your tips and suggestions! Wish me luck!
Make sure you get her a disc she can throw, too. Lots of chicks don't think they have the power to make a disc fly, but just about everybody can throw 300ft or more.
Don't underestimate the value of having a hobby/obsession that is seperate from your lady. I'm engaged to the love of my life and we've been together for a long while besides. She supports me and my growing brood of discs, and she even comes and plays now and then. Mostly, she lets me have my own space to blow off steam and relax on my own. I can't say that I wouldn't want her out there more often though, so there's something to be said for both sides.
have her come walk with you
Remove the negative aspects.

My wife won't let a plant, bug, or water touch her, so whenever her disc lands in anything other than grass or pavement, it "magically" continues to "roll" until it comes back out to a clear spot.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968