www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

would like to know how many people out there will lay up in front of a basket just to make sure they don’t have a large come back put.

Myself during casual Saturday Play I always 100% of the time I will go for the basket no matter how far out it is, but during tournaments I sometimes find myself laying up. I only ask as one of the guys I play with is happy to lay up on all occasions

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I once read a cool tutorial from Scott Stokley about this exact question. He got in to all sorts of %'s, but basicly it was all about risk and reward. What % of the putt that you are faced with will you make? Then compare that to the % of putts you will make on the comeback if you miss.
Super Puppy!!!!!!

Swamptoy said:
Well you going to tell us what disc can air bounce like a Rattler but is not a Rattler ? = )

mf100forever said:
Depends on the situation, good weather conditions I always go for it, I use the same technique as Mark, but with another disc. Very windy, well I go more on safety, low shots.
The rattler is awesome. Mine is a catch disc by day and by night a learning tool. I don't bring it out on the course much yet, but I fully realize the potential.
Appreciate the info. Mark. The Rattlers are on their way. I will keep in mind what you wrote about using finesse rather than force.

Thanks again

mark ellis said:
Hey Brian,

My preference in weights for Rattlers is the 170-172 gram range. I would even prefer the 167-169 range to max weight (173-175). Rattlers are stamped in ranges nowadays rather than individual weights.

A Rattler is a touch disc, not a power disc. It is meant to float and hover and seems to do that better below max weight.

Rattlers are not all-purpose discs. They do a specific job and do it better than any other disc I know but they have limits. There are two rules for throwing Rattlers you should not break until you have mastered them. 1) Do not throw Rattlers hard. They will not fly far even if you crank on them and you should not try. Throw Rattlers smooth and clean. You don't force a Rattler to do anything. You charm it. 2) Do not throw Rattlers into a strong wind. As you start learning them don't throw them into even a medium headwind. It will take time and practice to learn to negotiate the winds.

The easiest and fastest way to learn a Rattler is play catch with it. It will be hard to control at first but do not be discouraged. The touch you will develop will be exceptionally useful. Learn it forehand and backhand, straight, hyzer and anhyzer. Especially learn to throw it dead nuts flat so that it hovers then drops straight down.

BTW, you can also putt with Rattlers. For most straddle, anhyzer and low ceiling putts I use Rattlers.

Rattlers are my favorite disc.

!@#$%^&*()_(*&^%!@#$%^&*()_^%@#$%^&*()(*&%$#$%^&*(#$%^&*(*&^%^&*

up_a_tree_B said:
Mark,
I am going to get a couple of Rattlers to work on this technique. Would you reccomend using weight that is similar to my normal putters or going a bit lighter? I normally use putters in the 172-5 range. Thanks, Brian

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968