www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I need some Professional advice...............

During leagues last night my partner Eric "Roadie" Roadhouse pointed out that I should throw higher across my body. He said that by throwing across my waist I am robbing myself of power. A few of his prodigies also throw across their shoulder line instead of throwing low. They all can throw well above 450ft. with the exception of Roadhouse, who has age fighting him.
Here is my issue.........
I have been playing for 16 years now, and I would like to say the ever famous "if it aint broke dont' fix it". However if this will help me in the long run I am all for trying something new. I just don't know if the good outweighs the bad in this case. I can throw 400ft. now, do I really need extra power? Plus I am 34 and age is catching up with me, so will this help in years to come? Also I have always heard from other Top Pro's such as Dave Greenwell that throwing high across your body is BAD! So which is it?
HELP PLEASE!!!!! What should I do?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From what I've read and seen on the Discraft videos, people throw in a sweeping motion down low from their hip and then across their body. They say you get more arm speed which means more distance. This is throwing and understable disc and throwing a hyzer flip for max distance. I watched a clinic of Feldberg who just stood still with no runup or step and ripped it 400'. All I can say after seeing that is that it is technique.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968