www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Well if my buddy is right we should have the new Star Katanas today. I already paid him and should get the pick of the litter. I realize that in other parts of the country they have been out for a while. But I've been waiting patiently and hopefully today is the day.

Move over Roc and Buzz.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First impressions. More overstable than I thought. I really had to crank it with power and even then it wouldn't flip to the right angle. I was trying to let a few big arm guys turn it over but none really did either. One friend did throw a long hzyer fade up by the hole on a fairly decently long hole. The potential is there. I just gotta find it.
i use IE exclusively and although i had some troubles in the past, which were very minor, i find that it works extremely well. no problems here and loading is just as fast as any other site. nice job terry!
Anybody else say that the Star Katana is overstable? I had to throw it more like a Banshee yesterday. I'm hoping that it will break in and go more understable. I didn't get that the first time that I threw my buddy's disc, but his was not brand new either.
Hey, the links are working now!
The new Star Katanas are super flat and very overstable.
Players are commenting on how sweet they are going to be after they are broken in!
That means stick with it and hit some trees along the way.
Remember to keep is smooth using the Disc Sanding Sponge.
A Microfiber Disc Golf Towel works great to smooth out minor imperfections in the Star plastic but you have to rub fast and hard to create some heat.
For a less stable version that is easier for people with slower arm speeds and less snap, try the Pro Katana that is a straighter flier and will break in quicker than Star plastic.
No Pro plastic for me although I'm sure I can work on the hitting trees thing! Wow as soon as I posted that the links are working, they don't seem to work again. Hmmm...
I've used just about every name brand browser on this site over the past year and haven't had any formatting problems or speed of loading issues either. It doesn't matter if it is Micro$oft or not, just because you don't like them doesn't mean their software is any less than the next guy. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.
What weight Star Katanas are you throwing ? 168-169 or 173-174 ?
Just look at a Star and Pro Katana edge on next to each other. They look totally different. The Memorial Stamp Star Katana look just like the pro edge on. Why the drastic difference?

I have yet to throw the regular Star Katana, but if it's as more overstable as they all say, then hopefully it will replace my Nuke for long head wind shots.

I love the pro Katana awesome distance, the Star Memorial Katana is great also.
I played with a friend today and we were looking at the disc and it was very flat on top. I did get some good D on it, but I had to really crank it over. My buddy who plays Pro and will go to Santa Cruz tomorrow was very good at throwing it and he didn't baby it at all. Power bombs with distance. Nice. I'm just going to have to crank the s#%t out of it.

Another friend of mine had an older Star Katana and I easily turned that one over.

Now to hit a few trees...
Bump back to front page since this other dude is posting the same thing...

Crush it!

At least I didn't use all caplocks.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968