www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I began playing disc golf shortly after my baseball career ended. Naturally, I learned the tomahawk shot quickly. I usually use a DX Banshee or a Champion Orc for my tomahawk shots. What does everyone else use for this very useful shot?

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

champion eagle 168g-161g for a thumber or tomahawk holds longer
then anything ie thrown. on a good thumber i can get around 350'
I use Champion Firebirds and an ESP Venom for maximum distance, and also have thrown Champion Monster and Star Max. Played with a guy at Worlds who was bombing the Epic 400+, but I still see no need in trying to figure that thing out, I use what I use because they are super-consistent for me, and an Epic is the opposite of consistent (IMO).

Happy Holidays!
I use 2...150 sidewinder, but mostly a 175 evolution blurrrr by gateway...haven't really mastered the tomahawk, but the thumber...whoa, love it
Discraft Slipstream for a quick flip
Whippet X for a slow flip
Anything Stable that doesn't flip to fast !!!!
Thanks for the tip.

Mike said:
Just be sure not to make the mistake most people do with this disc and over-tune it to the point it is not even worth throwing. I have one that I will throw for fun occasionaly, they go far with small tweaks. At first don't tune it at all, just throw it and see how it flies.

Sappydisc said:
A 172 star excaliber for both thumbers and tomahawks,I recently bought an arobie epic which I will be experimenting with to see if I can munipulate the flip through tuneing it differently.There is a good thread on here for the epic on about page 6 or 7,plenty of videos also,worth alook if your into overhands.
I use the Orc and the Destroyer for Thumbers. I use the Firebird for tomahawks and I have been throwing the Pig Tomahawk with good results. The Pig locks in well. Marcos, the tomahawk, your index and middle fingers inside the rim, that edge wants to go to the ground. Thumber, thumb inside the rim, that leading edge wants to go the ground. That means tomahwak flips left and the thumber right. Hope this helps. I get good results with the overhead pancake too. Thrown like a tomahawk but with less height.
I use the Orc and the Destroyer for Thumbers. I use the Firebird for tomahawks and I have been throwing the Pig Tomahawk with good results. The Pig locks in well. Marcos, the tomahawk, your index and middle fingers inside the rim, that edge wants to go to the ground. Thumber, thumb inside the rim, that leading edge wants to go the ground. That means tomahwak flips left and the thumber right. Hope this helps. I get good results with the overhead pancake too. Thrown like a tomahawk but with less height.
Champ Firebirds for tommys and thumbers cuz they're predictable.
i use a beat ESP Surge for my skip tomahawks and an ESP Venom for distance

i use the same for thumber
I have been throwing thumbers for 15 years and have tried about everything made. The dx banshee will hold a line better than anything to me. They will break right exactly 30' when thrown overhand at 12:00. I used to throw them 360' to 380' feet but now due to two rotator cuff surgeries, 25 yrs.softball, I throw them300' to 320' or so. The bar stamped old school are the toughest but due to the damage they get when landing you will burn through several. Once they get beat badly they make great roller disc or donations to the local schools. The champion banshees are very exceptable but will roll over after about 325' or so. I like throwing line drive KC banshees for holes that are under 300' on windy days. They turn out sweetly and bounce with back spin then the 2nd hop will slow down. Those aces are great as they crash the chains.......good luck and try every driver you can get your hands on but I do prefer Innova as they hold up longer....Ebdiscn

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968