www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Imagine being 150 from the pin in an open field with no wind. What is the best disc and line for you to have a chance at making the upshot yet parking the miss.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Hawk, most reliably straight disc in my bag, always seem to park it or rake the chains from 100-150.
My Hawk is soft, feels like it was made with baby powder.
This is basically a repeat of the straight to the point thread. Either a putter or a Roc.
Doesn't seem that people are reading recent posts or archives. Either way there is a ton of knowledge to digest on this site. I tried reading as much as I could from the beginning before I asked many questions about stuff.
no wind 150 champion stingray that it will fly straight as an arrow agreed anyone?
Magnet
no, it'll anny
The best disc is whatever "YOU" have in your bag that "YOU" feel comfortable throwing at that distance, we can tell you a whole bunch of advice but it all comes down to "YOU" .first you need to learn what each disc in your bag is capable of and once you know that you will know what disc to throw at 150 from the pin.
I agree with Jack, It's whatever is in your bag you're comfortable with. In my bag that would be a soft forehand with a beat up wolf.
Spike Hyzer with a Rhyno.
The Rhyno sticks where it lands, does not slide.
Run the chains, give it a chance, and stick to the ground when you hit.
Rhyno is an overstable putter that fights the wind nicely too. Very sticky on the ground.
Straight or Anhyzer shot with a DX XD.
Run the chains with a shot that stalls at the basket.
XD is very sticky when it hits the ground, does not slide.
XD's only fly in a straight line or slight turnover when broken in.

Well at least you aren't asking much. Run it from 150 feet but "park it" if you miss. No problem, just throw it perfect. A perfect line and perfect speed is all you need. Of course with that degree of skill you should be able to throw a trash can lid or a bottle cap if you don't have a disc handy. :)

With the right touch you can make a disc float and hover. Throw it dead nuts flat (so the two wings are parallel to the ground) but tilt the nose (the leading edge of the disc) slightly up. As the disc loses speed it drops straight down (no hyzer or anhyzer). For those of you with a background in freestyle, this is like a long distance air bounce. It is sometimes called a elevator shot in disc golf.

So float a shot in that starts higher than the basket. Give it perfect speed so it drops just as it comes to the basket. To be safe hit center chains softly just above the basket nubs.

What disc would I use? A Magnet or a Buzzz. Just like if the shot were a tight tunnel.

Unless I really threw the shot well, if I gave it a full run and missed at that distance I would be happy if it only went 20 to 25 feet long.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968