www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

im just now hearing the term 'touch' and 'touch game.' what is that?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thats actually the grip i use!! thank you!

Pure Disc Golf dot Com said:
Touch is produced from throwing the disc with different grips and arm speed. I recommend learning how to throw with a "Fan" grip. That is with your fingers more spread apart on the underside of the disc. With less fingertips on the rim. This will put less rotation on the disc and allow you to throw more abstract angles. Get yourself a DGA Gumbputt circa 1985. They are kind of hard to come by now a days. If you manage to find one though, they are the best touch discs ever made. In my humble opinion that is.....Good Luck

Andrew Rich
Touch is your finesse game. It is smooth control. It's driving, approaching, and putting around obstacles.

It's used in other sports and has the same meaning. Tough is a TD pass that floats over a linebacker and finds the receiver in stride underneath the safety. It's Brady to Farve. It's a balance and control running back as oppose to a bruiser (i.e. Barry Sanders to Jerome Bettis). In baseball, it's Greg Maddux to Randy Johnson. In golf, it's Tiger to Happy Gilmore.

This is the best part of my game. I have a big arm, but just can't control it yet. I am really good at getting out of the messes I drive myself into.

Another part of you touch game is your shot repertoire. The more shots and potential flight paths you have, the more options you give yourself to get to the basket and better chance you have of getting a good shot. Learn these one at a time though. Let yourself subconsciously understand the shot before you move on to the next one. You'll know you have a shot when you are walking up to your lie and that shot is the first one that pops into your head and you can visualize the disc making that flight.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968