www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So the Morley Field Spring Fling will be my 2nd PDGA sanctioned event and I'm still unclear about what all the different divisions are.
MA1
MA2
MA3
MA4
MM1
MG1
MJ1
FJ1
FW1, ETC, ETC.
What is all this shit? Then you throw in B Tier, C Tier and all this and I'm totally lost. Can someone help?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And why can't I go to a tournament, pay the entry fee and not have to worry about all this points and divisions crap? Why do I have to pay extra for PDGA? Maybe I just want to play and not worry about national rankings.
Thanks Chuck, thats very helpful. I still think it is confusing to try to understand. Have they ever thought of simplifying it in any way? And what is the difference between Novice and Rec? This 1st sanctioned event I played in (Sun Valley Ice Bowl) these were the same thing. Is there a difference?
Why whine about it here when there are non-PDGA sanctioned events everywhere including leagues and just playing with your buddies?
It may look complicated for first timers but you learn quickly. In most cases, events have fewer than 7 divisions even though in theory 30 could be hosted. You'll find the TDs helpful in getting you set up for the proper division your first time out. The difference between Novice, Rec, Intermediate and Advanced only matters once you have a rating. Most events have either Novice or Rec as their lowest division for beginners. If both are offered and you have a rating, if it's higher than 849 you have to enter Rec instead of Novice since it's for players over that rating up to 899.
Didn't think I was whining about it Chuck, but thanks for your clear concise comment.

Chuck Kennedy said:
Why whine about it here when there are non-PDGA sanctioned events everywhere including leagues and just playing with your buddies?
We hear your complaint all the time regarding PDGA events. But no one is forcing you to play them. That's all. PDGA events are for players who want to test themselves against their peers in competition following the rules, have their performance tracked and work their way up the ladder to potentially play the best in the World, hopefully having fun along the way. That's not for everybody and other league and competition options are out there along with the thousands who just play recreationally. And as Seinfeld might say, "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968